Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #6,872  
My brother Kenny passed away about 2AM Saturday. His service is tomorrow at noon. We took mom down Thursday and I got to spend time with him and mom stayed down and spent time with him on both Thursday and Friday. The three of us brothers spent a couple of hours talking Thursday afternoon, ken would chime in from time to time and it was obvious that his mind was better than his body. That was the first time the three of us were in a room together in the eight years since Ken's wife Carol died. Probably the second time in twenty years, we all lived within 3 hours at most. Why do families allow that to happen?
Add one to the December count, my dad died December 21, 1964, incidentally Ken's 18th birthday. My wife's dad died almost exactly 30 years later on Dec. 20, 1994, Kenny's wife died exactly 10 years after that on Dec. 20, 2004. My grandmother on dad's side died Dec.28 1992, and now Ken on December 8.
Somehow I still enjoy Christmas, it transcends the sadness and in fact shows us the path to heaven Jesus was sent to Create for us.
We are here but short time, eternity is a bit longer.
Randy, sorry to hear about your brother, glad your could spend a bit more time with him.
The sad truth is that if a family doesn't have someone who makes it a point to plan get-togethers nothing happens. We have opportunities but don't take advantage of them.
+1 on your last comments
prayers for your family.

/ Good morning!!!! #6,873  
Good morning all. Temp started at 26F this morning and cloudy, forecast high is 37 and sunny. Working with friend on car from h3ll still getting fuel cut-off after initial start :( . Also have a few chores around here and still need a Christmas tree.

/ Good morning!!!! #6,874  
57 here, headed for low 60's. Incredible weather for December in Michigan. It's been raining for days, if it had been colder, we would be up to our butts in snow.
I need to move out to Howell. 20 miles east and it's 30 degrees colder. Hope you didn't go out in short sleeves. :D

/ Good morning!!!!
#6,875  
I screwed up. it's only 34 here. I poted that before I went out this am, I looked at the weather thingy on my phone. Obviously the wrong area code!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #6,876  
Wow... it is past sunset, there is a stiff breeze and rain is coming according to the clouds, it is Dec 10th, at 4:55 and it is so warm while feeding the horses right now, that I had to take off my coat. I'm wearing jeans and a regular short sleeved t-shirt... it is 65!!!

Where or when is winter???

/ Good morning!!!! #6,877  
LOL David, I have a hunch that you will be freezin your patuti off at least once this winter and thinking back to your late indian summer and thinking it wasnt so bad! We have been having a warm stretch this last week and I am loving it, the cold will come all too soon I am afraid!

/ Good morning!!!! #6,878  
LOL David, I have a hunch that you will be freezin your patuti off at least once this winter and thinking back to your late indian summer and thinking it wasnt so bad! We have been having a warm stretch this last week and I am loving it, the cold will come all too soon I am afraid!

I suspect you are right oh great King of the North... Truthfully my biggest issue is it messes iup deer hunting, and it is not warm and dry enough to ride my Harley to work every day...

I'm spoilt and whining. I'll stop.

Got any big lower 48 plans for the winter? Feel free to visit my place... I'll put you to work building fence and run-in shed... ;)
:D
David

/ Good morning!!!! #6,879  
48 and cloudy. Looks like the expected rain missed us. I'm going to hunt this morning, but more importantly the evening. cold is coming in today/tonight for at least a day or two and my builder who only lives a mile or so away from me and is a serious deer hunter says locally the deer ALWAYS go on the move the day BEFORE the cold... :thumbsup:

Be well all,
David