Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #147,191  
Went to the Gardens barn yesterday and needed to use the EGO weedeater but could not figure how to load the string. I have the older model where you take out the spool and wind it and then place the spool back in the weedeater.
The barn has the new EGO and you just push a button to load the string - Genius!
For quick view 40 seconds to 1 minute on this youtube. I got it loaded and finished the job.
Don, last week, I just had a devil of a time getting my EGO weedeater open to reload the string. I guess it had been sitting closed too long and not clean enough. I did finally get it to come apart and put on new string. My string was getting too old and dry, I guess, so I used it up fast. Then I left it apart to put new string on later, and I put the string I have in a bucket of water to soak; don't really know if that will help or not, but I recall reading on TBN about others doing that.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,192  
Happy Birthday Drew!

/ Good morning!!!! #147,193  
buckeyefarmer said, "My wife found a 2nd and 3rd grade report card in stuff her mom gave her. It said “Does not listen or follow directions well”
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
"

I went all the way through school getting report cards that included the comment "Talks too much." I can't imagine why teachers thought that, can you?🤣🤣🤣🤣

/ Good morning!!!! #147,194  
15 and snow on the ground...going to 47 and windy, but not as bad as yesterday.

Check, I hope your wife is feeling better and arm healing.

Lou, I know how you feel...I've been bringing in most of ours every night for a few months due to coons.

Don, cool loading system...my Echo loads like that, except I have to manually turn the head to wind it up...using the battery motor makes sense.

Buppies, sounds like a nice trip and meal.

Will review my tax return again today before hitting the send button...nice to get a refund rather than paying.

Then just one more tax return to do, for my MIL. Was hoping to get a response back from the IRS for her so I can file it electronically...they have questioned the return from the year her husband passed away...it was filed correctly, but they sent a letter saying that they received her return but Social Security did not show date of death (not correct). Wrote a response with death certificate, another entire copy of the return, etc. Two months later got a letter from them that said thanks for the info, they were working on it, and sorry it was taking so much time. Then 8 months later got another letter that said they never received her return. So, back to square one. So sent another letter and copy of the whole package. I read last week that the IRS is behind on 20 million items, and is now hiring 5,000 more agents to try to catch up. Hope they do. How do you manage your revenue source but get 20 million items behind? Maybe the country is actually running a surplus and doesn't know it yet? 😁

/ Good morning!!!! #147,195  
Good Morning
It’s 18 and sunny after yesterday’s warm rainy start that turned into snow and 45 knot winds. A welcome change, but it’s not going to get above freezing until late this afternoon, and even then, not for long. The camera that looks down my lane is untrusted in ice, I wonder if that will melt in the sun. Not much of a view at the moment.

IMG_0534.jpg

Most of yesterday was spent cleaning up snow, the winds made it interesting. But if the sun warms the exposed paved surfaces today, the ice should recede. Had a nice lunch with a couple of friends, and watched Kevin Costner in McFarland with my wife after we watched the James Taylor and Carole King concert at the Troubadour from 2007 on PBS.

Today is a BJ’s run, then putter around the shop for a while. All the kids are coming to have a birthday dinner for their mom. It’s 5 days after the fact, but it’s like herding cats to get everyone together.

And speaking of birthdays, have a great one Drew! I’m glad that you beat the reaper and continue to thrive. On the subject of thriving, Emily was prancing around in the snow like a puppy yesterday, and for the first time since her seizure, hopped up on our bed last night.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,196  
And speaking of birthdays, have a great one Drew! I’m glad that you beat the reaper and continue to thrive. On the subject of thriving, Emily was prancing around in the snow like a puppy yesterday, and for the first time since her seizure, hopped up on our bed last night.
Great news!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #147,197  
Don hope potatoes did well overnight,
I don't have much hope for them after I uncovered them yesterday during a sunny 59˚F day and a predicted morning of 33˚F.
The weather predictors are really bad around here.
It's 22˚F.
I can only hope that the temps are only freezing here in the valley, the garden is on top of a hill.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #147,198  
Drew Happy birthday

/ Good morning!!!! #147,199  
Happy Birthday, Drew!

Another cold one last night (down to 3°F), but going up above freezing for the rest of the week, and 57 in TO by the time we head down there for an appointment.

Thanks again for all the good wishes for Sharon’s broken arm. The surgery went VERY well, and she now has an even longer steel plate in her arm (!). She has no pain, so the recovery will be quite pleasant. Still wants to help out around here, but I am pampering her, and of course doing all of the dog walking.

Her brother arranged delivery of a basket of candies and chocolates and stuff (like fraktal) to be delivered all the way from Huntsville, some 40 minutes away, arriving at 7:30 at night. The lady who delivered it arrived in a silver Toyota 4Runner Limited, the exact same vehicle that Sharon has! (She got a big kick out of that.)

Anyway, time for coffee, and the dog needs his morning pee. (Will walk him a bit later.)

Every one have a nice day, and let’s all pray for the people of Ukraine!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #147,200  
Good Morning!!!! 50F @ 6:00AM. Partly cloudy. High 66F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph.
No rain overnight, but there's another chance Monday night.

You can weld 4140, Kyle, but if it cools too quickly it'll form a brittle microstructure in the head affected zone. I'd check the Lincoln Electric or Miller websites for recommendations on preheat and post weld heat treatments. ER7018 rod will work, as will E70S wire. Just make sure that the 7018 comes out of a fresh, dry, package, or cook the moisture out as per manufacturer's recommendations.

Need to spray weeds and change the transmission oil in the tractor, but the wind doesn't look like it'll cooperate today. Was hoping to torch the burn pile Friday or Saturday, but again the wind blew too hard. March came in like a lamb, but it's making up for lost time now.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!