Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #155,051  
Happy anniversary Kyle, we are almost to that year, we'll see if we make it.
Hot and sticky today, rain/thunderstorms later.
Got grass mowed yesterday

Peaches are ripe, a few made it past the animals so had one last night.
Figs are all ripening , quite a few.

20220827_144821.jpg

20220827_145138.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #155,052  
Happy anniversary Kyle, we are almost to that year, we'll see if we make it.
Hot and sticky today, rain/thunderstorms later.
Got grass mowed yesterday

Peaches are ripe, a few made it past the animals so had one last night.
Figs are all ripening , quite a few.

View attachment 760083
View attachment 760084
Ken, hope you can stay out of the doghouse. The world provides enough stress on the outside of a marriage, hard to keep it from getting in the middle of a union. Prayers.

/ Good morning!!!! #155,053  
Good morning! Storms overnight, kept the dog (so me too) awake. 3" and still raining. Crops need it though...
Hopefully it dries later today so I can finish the roof repair tomorrow (another lift rental day). May trim some trees too, if things go better than planned. Murphy's law applies here often. :p

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #155,054  
Today we are having a picnic with one of our kids at the Penn Mar Park on the Appalachian Trail. A beautiful little park. parks-pen-mar
It has an outlook point overlooking a vast area of southern PA and it is close to our farm. Our farm is also located next to the Appalachian Trail but further south of Penn Mar.

/ Good morning!!!! #155,055  
Sharing my work experience and being a mentor to one of our kids gives me a great deal of satisfaction. Having worked in a management role for a major engineering/ construction company for more than 40 years gives me a lot of insight in how to advise her in managing teams to get the best performance. Unlike some of my other kids she actually listens and follows my advice and as a result she is excelling in her job

/ Good morning!!!! #155,056  
M7040, older brother Mark lives just under the Appalachian trail in Markham VA. Remarkable how far it goes

Ken, may all your peaches be ripe and juicy.

well I played hooky this morning. The lure of grease and paint...
so now I have red paint to clean off after I just got the grease off.

got it all soaked down in 303, then sanded, primed and painted a little of the mower deck where paint was missing.
Not sure it doesn't look worse now but at least it's not rusting. I do not like rust.
Chipped paint is one thing, badges of honor. But steel or iron rusting to me is like watching a hive of termites chewing on your house.

and since I hadn't gotten Popgadget's email before I started spraying paint, I now have a wet paint machine that needs to dry for awhile, so it will have to wait
for the Popgadget touch. I'm still waiting for the right fuel filter to come in, then pretty much done.

on youtube there are wonderful videos of folks being reunited with their pets after long absences.
Been three years for this old girl, plus it didn't go cleaned up to my friend, since I was in the hospital at the time.
So part of the mess I'm cleaning up is mine from NC. If it wasn't in my will to leave to this friend, who just has it a little early, so I told him he didn't
need to knock me off to get it..., it would have been sold. My friend and next door neighbor in NC trailered the Gravely up to my friend in PA, and also trailered my
Kubota UTV to brother in VA. So the only old piece of iron I have left is the Gravely and I know where it is, happy in a farm garage in NJ.
Just nice to work on something older...

Attachments

• IMG_1223 (1).JPG
    IMG_1223 (1).JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 59
   / Good morning!!!! #155,057  
68°F and .12 inches rain

Very nice day yesterday. The Baumkuchenfarm was very interesting and the Baumkuchen with vanilla ice cream was delicious. Great to spend time with old friends. Even longer time than anticipated. By the time we got home no way was I about to start mowing. Maybe today, wx permitting.

Otherwise nothing special planned for the day. Not sure I’m ready to challenge Sophie to H&F. She got to sharpen her skills with her sister in Az.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #155,058  
Thanks for that Scotty. Always interested in reading about batteries. Love my Lifpo batteries here at the house SimpliPhi 3.8s, 48v- 3 yo this Nov.

/ Good morning!!!! #155,060  
Kyle_in_Tex said, "Forgot to mention last Thursday was anniversary. The Good Lord blessed me 21 years ago. Wifey and I went for Mexican food, margaritas, and some DQ ice cream for dessert. I was stuffed."

Congratulations to both of you and hope you have many more.