Goodyear Wrangler tires too old to use??

/ Goodyear Wrangler tires too old to use?? #21  
Interesting Information, I hadnt realized the date issue about tires.
Quick Story -Back in sometime about 2005 I had an old 1990 saab. A few years before that I had an 84 saab that I had inherited from a family member who bought it new. I needed a tire to replace a blowout and happened to have one from when I drove the 84 saab. It was a michelin I believe and I couldnt find a date stamp on it. However stamped on the sidewall was "Made in WEST Germany", which hasnt existed as a country since 1990. I installed the tire and drove it for 10 thousand miles or so and it was on it when I sold it shortly after. My brother and I still joke when its time to buy tires that its tough to find a good West German tire these days. :D

/ Goodyear Wrangler tires too old to use?? #22  
My brother and I still joke when its time to buy tires that its tough to find a good West German tire these days. :D
Now that's funny! :laughing:

/ Goodyear Wrangler tires too old to use?? #23  
What would you do? Run them for awhile? Or go get a new set??

I run em. But I live in the country side and I don't tow heavy or drive very fast.
I have a trailer in the yard that has "safety 99" tires from the 70s. It does not leave the yard. :)

/ Goodyear Wrangler tires too old to use??
Here's a pic with the 5 spoke rims and the 8yr old Wrangler tires. Tires are doing just fine so far! I love those 5 spoke rims too!! :thumbsup: Also just got a leveling kit to pick the front end up about 2 inches. Gonna get that put on next week. After that, gonna get it repainted cause the clearcoat is peeling badly off both front fenders.

DSC01316.jpg