Gooseneck, 5th Wheel, or Bumper pull?

/ Gooseneck, 5th Wheel, or Bumper pull?
wow, this is still going. Nice thread.

I still haven't decided:D Liked the idea back then, but decided I didn't need it. Not sure I need it now, but the argument has gotten a lot stronger, as I'm in VA now... and the tractors are still in MA

/ Gooseneck, 5th Wheel, or Bumper pull? #92  
How many years did it take you to ask your wife to marry you if you are married? She must be a patient woman. You sure dont jump into anything.:D 5 years later and still trailer shopping.:confused2: Just poking fun here so don't take it as a insult.

I would question if you really need a trailer at this point. You have been doing fine without it for 5 years now?

I am a get-r-done type of guy. Usually buy within 6 months.

Chris

How many years did it take you to ask your wife to marry you if you are married? She must be a patient woman. You sure dont jump into anything.:D 5 years later and still trailer shopping.:confused2: Just poking fun here so don't take it as a insult.

I would question if you really need a trailer at this point. You have been doing fine without it for 5 years now?

I am a get-r-done type of guy. Usually buy within 6 months.

Chris

No insult, it's true! :D Wife took 5 years. 4 years of that were cranky ones :laughing: Not for me... go figure.

Need it? No... I can't say as I need it. But my life changes have been such that it seems like it would be more useful now, whereas back in Mass I just couldn't justify it beyond my general love for tools and such. We've got 3 moves coming up as a family - be nice to have. And then throw in the fact that I'd like to get at least one tractor down to VA... seems like its getting to worth it.

Of course, as far as my wife is concerned, it's essential :p

/ Gooseneck, 5th Wheel, or Bumper pull? #94  
No insult, it's true! :D Wife took 5 years. 4 years of that were cranky ones :laughing: Not for me... go figure.

Need it? No... I can't say as I need it. But my life changes have been such that it seems like it would be more useful now, whereas back in Mass I just couldn't justify it beyond my general love for tools and such. We've got 3 moves coming up as a family - be nice to have. And then throw in the fact that I'd like to get at least one tractor down to VA... seems like its getting to worth it.

Of course, as far as my wife is concerned, it's essential :p

I know about the whole tool thing.:laughing:

When I got married I told my wife I wanted a tractor. She says why? I say so we can have land. She says why do we need land? I say so I can have a tractor. I win no matter how this goes.

I find myself walking around Rural King, Menards, Lowes, TSC, Harbor Freight, ect each once a week. Usually leave with a little $5 something or other even if I did not need anything. Just love tools.

Get it if you want it. Get a Bumper Pull. Forget a GN with a 1/2 ton truck. For a move you would lose the entire bed. Thats a lot of wasted space. I had a 25+5 25,000# GN and now have a 18' 7,000# BP. Do not miss the GN at all except maybe once every 5 years or so. The rest of the time the BP does everything I need from hauling my tractor to a Suburban.

Chris

I really appreciate the advice, and your experience. Strongly leaning toward bumper pull as a result.