Got a grapple, installed my diverter today.

/ Got a grapple, installed my diverter today.
Only way to prove anything would be bite down on a force gauge.

But then again, it can simply be calculate pretty close if you know the cylinder specs and opening width.

IE: open width 32" with a 8" stroke.....4:1 ratio. So your rough bite force is 1/4th of whatever the cylinder can do.

In my case, I can bite with about 1 ton of force

/ Got a grapple, installed my diverter today. #32  
Only way to prove anything would be bite down on a force gauge.

But then again, it can simply be calculate pretty close if you know the cylinder specs and opening width.

IE: open width 32" with a 8" stroke.....4:1 ratio. So your rough bite force is 1/4th of whatever the cylinder can do.

In my case, I can bite with about 1 ton of force

I would think that would be plenty.

/ Got a grapple, installed my diverter today. #33  
Ld1 something isn't right. I have a diverter and ea compact grapple on my L3301. Dump =push and pull =open. I shimmed my relief valve to exactly 2500 on a pressure gage at the grapples disconnects.
It will bite through a deck board, pick up a 300 lb rock dead lift vertical like the arcade claw machine. And open is strong enough to push the tractor back if opened against something.
I did have to adjust the threaded eye on my grapple cylinder to take the slack out when closed. The teeth were touching but I could lift up and open the upper lid by hand a couple of inches. After I adjusted it making the rod longer in effect the teeth bang tight enough together to hold whatever is between them or dig in to the object.

/ Got a grapple, installed my diverter today. #34  
Nice job LD1. Good choice on the grapple too. Not too heavy. Excellent match for your tractor. That is the weight type I am looking at. Just deciding on whether two is that much advantageous versus one. Trying to figure out if I will be picking up that much material that will be so uneven to warrant two grapples claws. Decisions...Decisions...

/ Got a grapple, installed my diverter today. #35  
Nice job LD1. Good choice on the grapple too. Not too heavy. Excellent match for your tractor. That is the weight type I am looking at. Just deciding on whether two is that much advantageous versus one. Trying to figure out if I will be picking up that much material that will be so uneven to warrant two grapples claws. Decisions...Decisions...

I don't want to start a big 1 lid vs 2 discussion, as it has been discussed to death on here, but I have one and never wished for two. :)

/ Got a grapple, installed my diverter today. #36  
Edit. This is in my lift/lower circuit not my curl circuit. I should have said.

/ Got a grapple, installed my diverter today. #37  
I don't want to start a big 1 lid vs 2 discussion, as it has been discussed to death on here, but I have one and never wished for two. :)

I don't want to start one either kOua...
Just trying to decide...
Compared to what I have now which is a nice set of forks...
A single would be great...
I'm within driving distance to Denton and drive right past EA everyday going to work...
My choices are unlimited...

/ Got a grapple, installed my diverter today. #39  
I Grapple a large variation of materials. I much prefer two lids.

/ Got a grapple, installed my diverter today. #40  
Shhhhh before IT hears y'all! :eek: :laughing: