Got mosquitoes eh?

/ Got mosquitoes eh? #31  
I'll bet a PTO would power a monster vacuum cleaner. Reminds me of a B.C. cartoon where a sentry ant is standing on top of the ant hill and spots an anteater coming and yells "Alert! Alert! The 'sucking death' approacheth!"

Mark

/ Got mosquitoes eh? #32  
I'm getting some ideas - I think the opening would need to be about 4' wide since the carpenter bees fly so quickly, in a fashion similar to humming birds. For uses like mine, the 'hose' would need to have a reaching arm/extension wand to get in hard to reach areas. Suction would have to be +200mph (Preferably +500mph though) so you could get more than one at a time, and also without too much 'chasing'.

Also, it should have a 'wide mouth' attachment to reverse as both a leaf blower and a leaf vac in the fall. It would need a large capacity trash bag (+15 bushels) for the bee_or_um_leaf clippings, with hydraulic dump, of course. And last but not least, a built-in camera with fender-mounted monitor so we can check progress (oh also hydraulic control of the bee-vac extension wand so we can stay cool in the cab on the hot days). BTW, we don't want to pay more than a few hundred (max of $1,000) for this simple device. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

So who wants to make it?

msig.gif

/ Got mosquitoes eh? #33  
Sounds very reasonable, Muhammad. Certainly no one would consider your requirements any more rediculous than mine generally are when I visit my dealer. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mark

/ Got mosquitoes eh? #34  
The skeeters down here in Texas are so big we have to haul off the dead ones in our front end loaders.

/ Got mosquitoes eh? #35  
The ones around here are the reason I've tweaked the Cummins in my Dodge up to over 800 ft-lbs of torque - we just have to wrap a 3/8" grade 80 chain around 'em and drag 'em off. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Mark

/ Got mosquitoes eh?
Local trick. WD40 spray works real well to clear out wasps. They don't even squeak when you sweep them up.

/ Got mosquitoes eh? #37  
Know what you mean Muhammad. We are building and the bees are taking it down as fast as I can put it up. Ours is cedar with a stain that has a bee repellent added. Doesn't work. Got me again.

/ Got mosquitoes eh? #38  
The spraying doesn't touch the horseflies though, especially the monsters. If I could invent a giant horsefly call, I'd set up a blind and try a 12 gauge. They're big and don't move nearly as fast as a duck. Could be fun, too./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mike.

/ Got mosquitoes eh? #39  
Make sure you include a shreader, or something. Wouldn't want to empth the bag full of LIVE bees. Much better to have only bee pieces./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif If they weren't on the house I'd suggest a flame thrower. Did I mention that I HATE bugs??/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mike

/ Got mosquitoes eh? #40  
Yeah, we all love the bugs./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif I sprayed all around the house this morning, inside and outside the shop, and in the barn; that is, after I fixed the pump that was seized up from not being used since last summer, and then worked on the carburetor on the pump motor./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif Red wasps were already building nests under the eaves of the house and in the barn. And I stirred up a little snake overhead in the barn, but he got away too quick for me to get a good enough look to identify him. We've been here over 5 years and that's the first snake I've seen on our property, and I like that about as much as I like bugs./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird