Got my Iowa Farms toothbar today

/ Got my Iowa Farms toothbar today #11  
ok guys, quick question.

my bucket is set up to accept a toothbar, but i was wondering WHY?

wont it interfere with grading and back dragging? im constantly scrapping up horse manure, etc. would these bars conflict with that?

just wondering if i should get some. Those 6 holes in the bucket sure look lonely

Those 6 holes in the bucket lip are most likely for a bolt on wear/cutting edge... Just flat sacrificial steel bolted under the bucket lip. Bokt on tooth bars generally atrach via 2 drilled or torched holes on the side... Never seen a kub bucket factoey drilled for that. And to answer your question, it makes backdragging a flat surface impossible, they are to aid in breaking up piles or virgin soil for digging, raking etc... Doesnt seem like a good idea for your chores listed.

/ Got my Iowa Farms toothbar today #12  
I have the Kubota 72" HD bucket on a new tractor that will be delivered 3/19, it has the bolt holes.

/ Got my Iowa Farms toothbar today #13  
great, thanks for the reply.

ya, there are also 2 holes on each side and the 6 holes in the bottom. now i know what there for. i forgot to ask the dealer.

knowledge is power

/ Got my Iowa Farms toothbar today #14  
Nice, knew they had the wear edge holes, but thats a surprise that it has the side holes, usually those are cut in after toothbar placment depending on manufacturer flange location... Maybe its fairly general. Anyways glad to help, good luck!

/ Got my Iowa Farms toothbar today #15  
It's good the side holes are pre-drilled, but I find myself wondering if certain toothbars will work, while others would have to be re-drilled....:confused3:

/ Got my Iowa Farms toothbar today #16  
ya, here they are. now i need to find what could fit them

Attachments

• bucket holes.jpg
    bucket holes.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 334
   / Got my Iowa Farms toothbar today #17  
Ordered my flat tooth bar today from Iowa Farm THANKS:thumbsup:

/ Got my Iowa Farms toothbar today #18  
I wouldn't be without one. I like the flat type, I have the opposite; the plate is inside the bucket and there are fingers at each tooth that hook under the bucket. At the time I ordered mine, I didn't know about the flat type.

Iowa Farms is great to deal with. I just bought a new B3300 to replace my B7300. I needed an extra tooth since I added to the length of the tooth bar I had on the 7300 to make it fit the 60" bucket on the 3300. I got it from them in 4 days.
So what is the advantage of a flat type vs. the type where the bar is on the inside of the bucket? I've always seen pictures of the type where the bar is inside the bucket. I'm getting ready to make one and would like to know the pros/cons of each.

/ Got my Iowa Farms toothbar today #19  
So what is the advantage of a flat type vs. the type where the bar is on the inside of the bucket? I've always seen pictures of the type where the bar is inside the bucket. I'm getting ready to make one and would like to know the pros/cons of each.

I would think that the bar inside the bucket would hold mat. We have soil around here that likes to cake up and this is what I was worried about. I could be wrong though I have never used one.

/ Got my Iowa Farms toothbar today #20  
ya, here they are. now i need to find what could fit them

Woah man, those holes are waaaaay to high for a tooth bar. Usually toothbar holes are a couple inches off the bottom of the bucket.... Odd. If u ever need a tooth bar then drill your own holes, takes 5 mins with a sharp drill bit and wd40