Got my tractor!

/ Got my tractor! #11  
Hi and welcome to TBN!! Lets move this thread over the Kubota forum where you can speak with others Kubota owners and get lots of useful info. Best of luck!!:)

/ Got my tractor!
Wow, great forum! Thanx so much for the various comments. The question from mddorange was a good one.. Not only did the seller not have any data sheets or info, he only had one key! He was a decent fellow, and did caution me to change the oil, which I just did yesterday. But he did not even have the owners manual! I have been fortunate, in that a nearby Kubota dealer has some helpful folks, who have already emailed me the 94 page Operators Manual. The tractor has(had) 302 hours, and was in really nice shape.. No rust, no dents, gentle use it appears, hydraulics look good, everything works, etc. I was not planning to buy this big a tractor (was looking at a B2400 with front loader at the dealer, but everyone cautioned to "go a bit bigger than you think you need". Really glad I did this, as I cleared out the parking area at my farmhouse yesterday, using the loader, and it worked really well, but any smaller, and I dont think I could have done it. (This winter has been as crazy as last year - heavy packed 4-foot snow drifts everywhere... We get the same storm systems as Boston gets...) Been years since I drove a loader, but it came back to me .. :)
Thanx for the kind comments. I will post some pictures of the whole event, even the oil change, once I lift them from my phone.
The previous owner had at least changed the oil, and had the right filter. The L3400 (2011 year), uses an oilfilter from Kubota numbered "HH164-32430", and this filter was in the tractor. I used a Mobil "M1-204", as it was listed (and was) compatible. (The oil was black, so I felt I better change it before I did my first bit of work). Everything worked really well, and I was impressed with the power of the hydraulics. I'll post some pictures when I get chance.

/ Got my tractor! #13  
Looking forward to seeing your photo's.

Don't forget that the engine oil in a diesel engine gets black very quickly due to the suspended soot in the oil. Oils formulated for diesel service suspend this soot by design. Of course it is always a good idea to change fluids in a used tractor as now you know when to change the oil again at the required interval.

/ Got my tractor!
Here are a couple of pictures of my new Kubota L3400.

The first shows the tractor still on the trailer, which is a tad too small, as one can see. My home-made
wooden ramps are also visible (they did *not* break, when the tractor was removed from trailer!)

Kubota_Sunburst_20150225_102514.jpg

And this second one, shows the tractor already at work, with a loader full of snow, to be removed from
my parking area. Cold climate, but the tractor works good!

Loaded_with_snow_20150226_133906.jpg

I will post some additional pics, as I learn more about this machine. - Rus.

/ Got my tractor! #15  
Wow, Rus! The tractor looks brand new. Congratulations on a great purchase, and welcome to TBN.

/ Got my tractor! #16  
I see someone that will soon be in the market for a soft cab:) Enjoy your new favorite piece of equipment But bundle up good in this cold.

/ Got my tractor! #17  
That looks to be in great shape! Double check to see if he had a block heater already installed in it, and if not, pick one up. They do wonders for helping with cold starts in our climate.

Welcome to TBN!

/ Got my tractor! #18  
Russel I noticed at least from the photo, that your floorboards still appear new. As they are just painted, they wear pretty quickly down to bare steel. When I had an L3400 I coated my floorboards and step with do it yourself truck bed coating. I was very pleased with the results, as it added traction as well as protecting the steel. Here is the thread if you are interested.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ed-coating-floorboards.html?highlight=coating

/ Got my tractor! #19  
Welcome to tbn from Maine

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Got my tractor! #20  
Hey kOua- glad I saw your link to coating the floorboards of your L3400- I am planning on doing the same thing this spring, since the original paint is really worn looking. I was thinking about disassembling, but your posts told me otherwise. I am okay masking.
Russel- you're gonna like your new Kubota. You can find the maintenance manual online thru TbN, too. You might want download it to a storage drive, for future reference. The owner's manual is pretty thorough for regular stuff, I find. And, years ago I used to travel the 401 when my mother-in-law lived in York, above Toronto. Your trailer looks a bit marginal, so glad you made it without the OPP stopping you.