Got myself a new car

/ Got myself a new car #1  

GregbkH

Gold Member
Tractor
2010 New Holland 3045
Although the car is 48 years old, it is new to me. I used to drag race when I was much younger and have always loved the classic muscle cars. Here is my 1969 Chevelle SS 396. It has a .030 over 454 now 461 big block with a th400 trans, 3500 stall converter and a ford 9" with 3:89 gears. It is fun to drive!

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

/ Got myself a new car #2  
Yep, those were really nice cars. But I outran one of those Chevelle SS 396 cars once with my 1968 Plymouth Roadrunner with the 383 engine.

/ Got myself a new car #3  
My buddy had a '67 SS 396 that out did everything around including the 427? Shelby Cobra mustangs. Couldn't keep a rear end or universal joints in it though. Motor was too much for the driveline. No other cars could touch it including other 396's. His father bought it for him used. I think the previous owner must have hopped it up or something. The problem with all the muscle cars was the suspension. You just couldn't get enough traction regardless of what street tires you put on and racing slicks were illegal to run on the road.

/ Got myself a new car #5  
   / Got myself a new car #6  
My buddy had a '67 SS 396 that out did everything around including the 427? Shelby Cobra mustangs. Couldn't keep a rear end or universal joints in it though. Motor was too much for the driveline. No other cars could touch it including other 396's. His father bought it for him used. I think the previous owner must have hopped it up or something. The problem with all the muscle cars was the suspension. You just couldn't get enough traction regardless of what street tires you put on and racing slicks were illegal to run on the road.

And if you did "yank" enough traction, then all the other driveline parts shelled out...POP!

/ Got myself a new car #7  
How in the world did you get those tires under that car?

The floorpan/wheelwell has been tubbed out/modified to fit them under there. This car is a long way from stock.

/ Got myself a new car #8  
"What kind of gas milage do you get with that?" If you have to ask, you can't afford it.:laughing:

/ Got myself a new car #10  
Nice car Greg.
I have a 57 Chevy Sedan Delivery I bought last Nov. Same 454 but with a 700R4 and 4:11 gears. 2" drop spindles in front. HD springs rear. 17"x8" wheels with Falken 225/45R17 Front, 245/50R17 Rear. No racing for mine but enjoy going to the car shows. Just finished 4 wheel disc brake install on mine. And it gets 12.5 MPG when I keep my foot out of it.
Pretty good shape for 60 years old.
A friend of mine also has a 69 Chevelle he's building a bored out 454 motor for. When he gets done we'll transport it to my place to do the install as he doesn't have a garage to use. His 70 Cuda is taking up the garage he has.

Attachments

• DSC_4753.jpg
    DSC_4753.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCN1944 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1944 (Medium).JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 209