Got myself a new car

/ Got myself a new car #21  
Some awesome cars on this thread! My first new car was an 85 Mercury Topaz - it doesn't have the same nostalgic quality. ;-)

/ Got myself a new car #22  
Hey, I drove a Pinto for a while in college... bought it cheap, drove it a year and then sold it for what I had in it...

Have to point out cars never rust here... may not be possible other places.

/ Got myself a new car #24  
Love cars with the fins in the back and the eyebrow look on the front.

/ Got myself a new car #25  
My baby. '66 mustang with 5.0 HO/EFI/AOD transmission/AC. Runs like a scalded cat!

/ Got myself a new car
Thanks for the comments! There sure are a lot of nice cars here.

The chevelle runs pretty good on the roads. I was a bit leery with it having such large tires on the back but it handles well. It's a back half car with a narrowed 9" in the back with a 4 link and coil overs. This car has a drive shaft safety loop installed. As someone mentioned earlier, it could be quite catastrophic if a u-joint let loose and the drive shaft was wildly flipping around. The rear suspension is solid as well. No wheel hop and goes straight. Even with 16" of tread on each tire, the 454 can still roast the tires. The tires are drag radials and have a softer compound. They are 31x18:00x15 if anyone wants to know.

Again, thanks for the comments.

/ Got myself a new car #27  
Have you been to the track and gotten an 1/4 mile ET? Bet that thing will run.

/ Got myself a new car
I haven't yet. I'm in the process of changing a few things....... carb, exhaust, cam, valve body etc. The previous owner had a few mis-matched things going on that I don't care for. It will really run when I'm done with it.

Funny thing is that I've been out of this stuff for over 30 years. I still looked at nice cars and admired them and such, but now I'm totally back in it more than ever.I think gear heading is a gene. It's in your blood.

BTW, I like the wheels on your car. Are they Crager ss ?

/ Got myself a new car #29  
Seen video of a couple '69ish Chevelles with worked over Duramax turning 11 second quarter miles. That, would be a cool project... There's guys out there running amazing times with built RAM/Cummins trucks. Always thought it would be fun to shovel one into a Roadrunner/Satellite clone. But the Cummins are way too tall a motor to fit in a car.

Your buddy is good to have the Cuda; Chevy's are highly over rated :D haha

Duramax Diesel Powered Chevelle at No Excuses Round 3 - YouTube
duramax chevelle, sacramento raceway 4-1-1 - YouTube

A friend of mine also has a 69 Chevelle he's building a bored out 454 motor for. When he gets done we'll transport it to my place to do the install as he doesn't have a garage to use. His 70 Cuda is taking up the garage he has.

/ Got myself a new car #30  
"Are they Cragar ss".

Yes, 15" I'm going to put some meatier tires in the back. I had to change out the leaf springs and rear shocks. The old ones I had would drag on the wheels. Sort of felt like Rosie O Donnell was in the trunk...lol I've done all the work on mine, including alignment. After rebuilding the front end, I took it to a shop that I trust and the guy hooked everything up. He came out to tell me that he would not change a thing, I had it so close. No charge too. I picked up the 1990 5.0 HO from a wrecked Mustang GT. Got the wiring/computer and the AOD transmission. For $400. I disassembled the block and heads and took them to the machine shop. The guy checked everything and said a little old lady that only drove it on Sunday, must have owned it. It still had the honing marks from the factory. He just polished the crank and went through the heads and that was it. I reassembled and worked on the wiring and hooking up relays. Lots of relays in EFI wiring components. Got everything up and running and added the Classic auto air for ac. Very nice having ac. I rebuilt the AOD in my little shop. I picked up a set of dvds that a Ford tech puts out that shows everything and upgrades to make. Took me a couple of weeks between work schedules. It turned out great and runs like new. I stepped up to a 3.55 rear gears because of the OD. Having overdrive in a vintage car is great for fuel mileage to take long trips. Keeps the rpms down at 55-70 mph on the highways. I'm just now finishing a repaint because an EF4 tornado hit my place and tore everything up to you know what, back in 2011. Damaged the fenders and I just drove it like it was for awhile. I'll try to get done this week. Rain has to hold off some, very rainy down here lately. I hate doing body work, pain in the rear. Takes a long time too. I'll be glad to finish this up, my poor hands don't have finger prints anymore from the sandpaper. I've had this car for about 25 years. Lots of and lots of red light racing, within the speed limit of course. I buried the speedometer one time. These cars are not so aerodynamic and get very light on the front end. Very light. Only did that once on the interstate when there was no one around for a mile or two. Officer Barney Fife would have had a fit if he caught me...lol :rolleyes: