Got the small tree remover grapple today and I'm excited!!!!

/ Got the small tree remover grapple today and I'm excited!!!!
The original pics from page one or two (Have added them to this page on a later post.show dense trees and only the end of the camper could be seen before. Also woods was to dense to drive a tractor past the edge. This is after 2 to 3 hours rough tearing down and moving and when the tear down is completed I'll clean it with back dragging RatchetRake ready for grass seeding and then grappling up the piles.
DSCF3389.JPGDSCF3388.JPGDSCF3387.JPG
Will have to upload a few at a time.

Last edited:
DSCF3392.JPGDSCF3391.JPGDSCF3390.JPG Keeps uploading previus pics and then brings up the ones I tried to upload. Will just go forth till they're uploaded.

One of the brush piles :) DSCF3395.JPGDSCF3394.JPGDSCF3393.JPG

Last edited:
OK, only 3 more. DSCF3398.JPGDSCF3397.JPGDSCF3396.JPG

Original pics show dense trees and only the end of the camper could be seen before. Also wwods was to dense to drive a tractor past the edge. This is after 2 to 3 hours rough tearing down and moving and when the tear down is completed I'll clean it with back dragging RatchetRake ready for grass seeding and then grappling up the piles.
View attachment 520991View attachment 520992View attachment 520993
Will have to upload a few at a time.

DSCF3386.JPGDSCF3385.JPGDSCF3384.JPGDSCF3383.JPG Hope these load. They are taken from the same spot pre JDUNN Grapple work.

/ Got the small tree remover grapple today and I'm excited!!!! #38  
I truly would love to come use it. It would be a blast. I also really did not mean to rain on your parade so I will quickly answer a couple of your queries and then leave your to rejoice in your new toy (of course I mean tool).

All of this is IMO of course: Yes, for big trees (i.e. > ~10") a full size machine or backhoe is really needed for efficiency. However, for >4" saplings your L3901 or my MX do a pretty good job WITHOUT DESTROYING EVERYTHING within 10ft of the tree. So a lot less vegetation recovery time and erosion problems.

I have a Bradco Jawz (the larger one) that I have used extensively on my MX but that is the limit of my tree and post puller experience. I have put it on a friends CTL and pulled/pushed over some 12" DBH Ash in Wet soil. The jaws are 1-5/8" thick (I think) and meet squarely so that even bitter root vine (pencil thickness and fragile) aren't generally severed by the jaws. That is a good thing if the object is to pull the plant up not cut it in two!

I think you will find that soil conditions, especially moisture, make a huge difference in what you can pull.

What mine does not do which would be really nice is it does not pick up the large pile of pulled trees to transport. That is a very nice feature of yours.

Cheers, good luck, and I repeat my apology.

PhotoPictureResizer_170906_212257635-1824x3240.jpg

I truly would love to come use it. It would be a blast. I also really did not mean to rain on your parade so I will quickly answer a couple of your queries and then leave your to rejoice in your new toy (of course I mean tool).

All of this is IMO of course: Yes, for big trees (i.e. > ~10") a full size machine or backhoe is really needed for efficiency. However, for >4" saplings your L3901 or my MX do a pretty good job WITHOUT DESTROYING EVERYTHING within 10ft of the tree. So a lot less vegetation recovery time and erosion problems.

I have a Bradco Jawz (the larger one) that I have used extensively on my MX but that is the limit of my tree and post puller experience. I have put it on a friends CTL and pulled/pushed over some 12" DBH Ash in Wet soil. The jaws are 1-5/8" thick (I think) and meet squarely so that even bitter root vine (pencil thickness and fragile) aren't generally severed by the jaws. That is a good thing if the object is to pull the plant up not cut it in two!

I think you will find that soil conditions, especially moisture, make a huge difference in what you can pull.

What mine does not do which would be really nice is it does not pick up the large pile of pulled trees to transport. That is a very nice feature of yours.

Cheers, good luck, and I repeat my apology.

View attachment 521043

Never seen or heard of the Bradco JAWZ before. I'd probably be excited about it if I had one.:D How much does it cost in dollars? How much does it weigh?

/ Got the small tree remover grapple today and I'm excited!!!! #40  
You guys keep talking about your new tools making me wish i had some wooded area, larger tractor and one of these pulling tools. Maybe someday!