Got Turkey?

/ Got Turkey? #12  
Thanks for the complement on the Flags. Two other Veterans and I put up over 100 of those flags all over town every yr. People buy the Flag for $35.00 and donate $15.00 to the local Veterans club and we put them up in the spring and take them down in the fall, They're growing in numbers every yr. Only problem so far, a FEW Sh*t heads have broken them off or stole them. BUT, they are the ones WE signed up to protect and they are the ones that Know no Sacrifice:)

David

/ Got Turkey? #13  
we like to call them CORN buzzards around here :D - nice flock.

the population is booming in SC too.

J

/ Got Turkey? #14  
Mornin Wayne,
Nice shots ! We have had many wonder through our fields, last year we had two groups, each with a dozen chicks in tow ! :) Kathleen really gets a kick out of watching the chicks follow behind ! Im absolutely forbidden to get the shotgun out ! :confused: :)

/ Got Turkey?
Scotty, same here Sue thinks they are cute, I see a drumstick on the table, oh well I guess it is buy again this year.

Fall shotgun season opens on the 15th so I am sure a few of them will be on someone's table.

/ Got Turkey? #16  
I work just off the runway at Dallas-Ft. Worth Airport. On the west side of the airport, there is a wooded area of probably 500 acres or more. Our building site was carved out of that woods. We have a parking lot for approximately 500 cars and wild turkeys come up out of the woods to look for bugs under our parking lot and building lights at night. They are so used to airplane noise, cars, and even gunfire (a police range nearby) that they are afraid of nothing. I fully expect to hear of a departing or incoming flight at DFW airport having a bird strike with a turkey.:rolleyes:

The turkey population in this country is growing at a great pace. They really are fun to watch, but my neighbor doesn't like having to clean up their poo on his deck when they come up to peck at their own reflection in his patio door.:D

/ Got Turkey?
Jim it has been several years ago that I flew into Dallas-Ft Worth on a regular schedule, but I remember it as being very large. All I remember is my terminal was miles away and I might not catch my next flight!

The turkeys around here just seem to roam free and visit daily, but come shotgun season they seem to know it is time to hide. It is nice to see them around! Cleaning up after them isn't any harder than the our dogs!!

A few years ago I hit one and the damage to the car was over 2200 dollars. Pretty expensive bird and we didn't even get to eat it!

Wayne

/ Got Turkey? #18  
The turkeys in my area have achieved nuisance status for sure! If you feed the smaller birds they quckly learn to scanvenge that area.... and they tend to leave you some, umm, unsavory surprises..... We are constantly running them off.

They are pretty clever though.... sometime I hear them in the woods, but when they don't want to be spotted you just can't find them!

blam blam blam

/ Got Turkey? #19  
I agree with Diesel-ME they are a nuisance, leaving poo all over for my dogs to role in, FEEEEEWWWWW. They also compete with the Deer with the food, I'd rather see the Deer- There Poo don't stink:D

David

/ Got Turkey? #20  
:p Looks pretty good, i can picture the mashed potatoes and dressing right along side... the pilgrims didn't have supermarkets.