Got Turkey?

/ Got Turkey? #21  
My wife got this one of some 'grazing' not far from the house....

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    763.3 KB · Views: 114
   / Got Turkey? #22  
I counted about 16 of them on my place when I'm in my blind hunting deer. They keep me busy if the deer don't show up for " scheduled interveiw with 130 grain .270":D They can spot me from way out there if I'm busy working, if i get closer not giving them any attention they stay put, I can get as close as 50 yards to them on the tractor running and they don't mind it... the minute i stop the tractor they perk up and I if I get off then I see their silly commotions pulling the "3 stooges mannerism", run in to each other's path in a clumsy manner and they sure disappear real quick. They are fun to watch but with $25 Turkey permit, I'd rather go hunt for "Butter Ball" at my local grocery store.

JC,

/ Got Turkey? #23  
JC-jetro said:
and they sure disappear real quick

Isnt that the truth! Theyre like ghosts...Ive been right on their heals and couldnt find a one after they hit the woods and Im sure they were just right there in plain sight.

/ Got Turkey? #24  
As fast as the Turkey's are multiplying around here it won't be long and the town will be allowing free hunting for all you want:) I live on a 1/4 mile road and between all the neighbors we've counted over 100. They're always in the middle of the road, pooping on everything. If you have a fence they like to perch on it (I think just to poop).

David

/ Got Turkey? #25  
My contribution...they run back/forth thru my back field pretty regularly. Only thing that varies is how many, ranging from a handful to more than I can count.

Attachments

• turkeys.jpg
    turkeys.jpg
    479.8 KB · Views: 100
   / Got Turkey? #26  
forgot this one...its my favorite :D

Attachments

• another_turkey.jpg
    another_turkey.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 106