gots a problem with the hpx

/ gots a problem with the hpx #11  
TOMMYHPX4X4 said:
ok i got my son to put the screwdriver in the sparkplug cap and holt it nect to the metal on the engine and it didn't spark.so now i'm in the prosess of tracking down wires and cleaning conections with clp .

Good luck, hope you're able to figure it out easy.

/ gots a problem with the hpx #13  
TOMMYHPX4X4 said:
new plugs and nuthin.lol nuthin.
Sounds like your coil is bad to me. I have a Stihl weedeater that would do the same thing. Pull and pull and pull and pull and then it would start and run o.k. The next time pull and pull etc...

Got the coil checked and it was bad. Now it cranks on the 2nd pull. Man I wish I had taken it to the repair shop a lot earlier.

Chris

/ gots a problem with the hpx
found out the problem it's the pulse coil that goes on the fly wheel. when i went to the deere dealer qnd was talking to the mechanic i asked why there wasn't any adjustments on there like a regular coil on a lawnmower and i told him that there was a huge gap. he told me that there shouldn't be a gap and that that was the first time he seen that it wasn'r adjustable so i figured i would go home and dremale out the holes so i could adjust it. and it worked she's running againand better too. so now i'm gonna order me a new one.

/ gots a problem with the hpx #15  
TOMMYHPX4X4 ,

Happy you got her up & going. For I know, it was driving you crazy. Heck, it was bothering me, banging my brains out trying to figure it out myself.

Imagine it's just another mystery test of life we all have to go threw every now and then to keep us on our toes !!!

Good Luck My Friend !!!!:)

man when i went to the dealer today i had a few of them eletrical boxs with me and asked him if he could test them for me.lol i had back tracked wires all over. but one good thing every connection on the motor is clean now and mud free. they was all caked with mud on the inside of the conections so i blew them out with that clp cleaner stuff . i tell you i got one of the best maintained 04 hpx's out there.lol i still never changed the cracked fenders though. i figured if i sell it then i will but as for now i'm gonna wait til i put sone 26's on . i figure i'll just crack them too if i swap them out right now.

/ gots a problem with the hpx #17  
TOMMYHPX4X4 ,

If you sell that machine, what vehicle are in your plans for the next one ?

well i like john deere and i seen the rangers with loads in the rear and with what i haul i would have to make two trips with a ranger. them botas are nice but they are heavy. i wouldn't mind trying a xuv but i want to put a load in the bed at the dealer and see how she squats first. but it would probably be an xuv that i would go for or maybe a ranger second. them 700xp's are nice.i might trade her in this year after i get my gun fix takin care of lol.after i do that then i'll see about a trade in by then the 08,xuv's will be out. but then again i might just end up with a 07 or 08 hpx.lol i like my solid rear axle .

my fix was a temporary one . i went ride to the dump today to drop off some old a/c carcusases and it wanted to die out on me on the way home. well right infront of my buddies house she back-fired with both cylinders.lmao. han i blew out a ton of carbon that has built up during the past 4 years. and my buddy came runnin out on his porch thinkin someone was shootin in the road.well i just made it home and she died a peacful death in the yard.i went order the part today and it should be in tomorrow had the next day shipping thing done.it's called a pulser coil and if any of you hpx's or xuv's have this happen thats what to look at infact if you do any mud riding and it's over a year old i would check it out if not change it.it's only 43.00 but you'll be glad you did change it .if not just keep the new one handy so you can change it when needed.

/ gots a problem with the hpx #20  
Spark, fuel, air - all it takes to run.

Sounds like you are getting closer.

D.