GPS app for locating property lines

/ GPS app for locating property lines #41  
Basemap(free app),shows property lines + a lot of other nice features.

/ GPS app for locating property lines #42  
Basemap(free app),shows property lines + a lot of other nice features.
Looks like a great app -- I'm just trying it out based on your recommendation.

Unfortunately, the property lines (and some other features) are U.S. only. But a nice alternative/complement to what I wrote for the good'ol'US of A, especially in those areas where a government-provided GIS property line map might be less easy to get than in Canada.

It's pretty exciting what it can do in one app -- if you subscribe the Pro package in general -- but I don't see any ability to import/export in KML or any other format. But maybe I just didn't find it or it's limited in the Basic (free) version I'm trying.

/ GPS app for locating property lines #43  
There is a GREAT DIFFERENCE between finding an established property corner marker and ESTABLISHING a legal property corner marker.

I've used hand held GPS units ( Garmin ) here and in AK for over 25 years. On the VERY BEST of days, you will locate a point on the face of this earth - - +or- ten feet. It is a real boon in finding something that may exist - it's a true chunk of crap if you imagine you will establish a legal boundary point.

You want to establish a true/legal boundary point. Go to school - get a degree - get your license as a surveyor in your jurisdiction. Be prepared to spend, at least, $15K on REAL GPS survey equipment. Then sally forth and do your best.

When you are using your hand held GPS unit, do this. Go to the page that shows how many satellites your unit is connected to. It will also indicate, on that page, the accuracy of your unit at that exact time. If you have a clear day, are not in the forrest, stand very still - the accuracy MAY come down to ten feet, plus or minus.

A good hand held GPS unit can help you find an established property corner, a well hidden "Geocache", your way back to safety or your vehicle - - but only if you know how to use it.

/ GPS app for locating property lines #44  
Yeah importing and exporting stuff from one app to another is pretty sketchy? If they are all using the same coordinate system it might work, it might not. Oosik is correct, most handheld units are at best 10' and often a lot worse. The system I use for land surveying will not work in tree cover at all during the summer and in the winter its not a sure thing depending on how dense the trees are. Anything near a pine tree is a no go. With hand held stuff it will still give a position in dense tree cover but its very rough.

/ GPS app for locating property lines #45  
There is a GREAT DIFFERENCE between finding an established property corner marker and ESTABLISHING a legal property corner marker.

I've used hand held GPS units ( Garmin ) here and in AK for over 25 years. On the VERY BEST of days, you will locate a point on the face of this earth - - +or- ten feet. It is a real boon in finding something that may exist - it's a true chunk of crap if you imagine you will establish a legal boundary point.

You want to establish a true/legal boundary point. Go to school - get a degree - get your license as a surveyor in your jurisdiction. Be prepared to spend, at least, $15K on REAL GPS survey equipment. Then sally forth and do your best.

When you are using your hand held GPS unit, do this. Go to the page that shows how many satellites your unit is connected to. It will also indicate, on that page, the accuracy of your unit at that exact time. If you have a clear day, are not in the forrest, stand very still - the accuracy MAY come down to ten feet, plus or minus.

A good hand held GPS unit can help you find an established property corner, a well hidden "Geocache", your way back to safety or your vehicle - - but only if you know how to use it.

^ This.
Best, most correct, most appropriate answer to the question posted by the OP. From a long-time GPS user.

/ GPS app for locating property lines #46  
I'm going to put my corner co-ordinates into my drone and tell it to land there, then I can put my marker in. Lol (sorry)

/ GPS app for locating property lines #48  
I know how poor GPS and GIS is. I'm trying to find the fence that was on the boundary many years ago. I said that when I posted and some guys assumed that I'm an idiot who will be using the GPS and GIS to place something. I don't know everything but I'm not that stupid. The land is very steep and the woods are very thick. Stuff grows fast here and things on the ground get buried in debris or covered in brush pretty quick.

ALL I am doing is looking for existing indicators of the boundary. THAT'S ALL I AM DOING. Got it?

that is what i use onx hunt for. seems good so far for that.
like you i am certainly not looking to define legal boundries for my properties