GR2100 squeal when engaging PTO

/ GR2100 squeal when engaging PTO #11  
Mine has "barked", if you will, since the day I purchased it new in 2005. Had the transmission upgraded due to the leaking problems these thiings have and it hasen't changed a bit. I was always sounded to me like it's coming from the belt. I figured it sliped a bit when first starting the gearbox and blades...thats a fair amount of mass to get spinning up to the disign speed in a realitivly short amount of time...even if you do engage them slowly. Probably gonna be a mute point for me as it all came to an abrubt halt the other day when I tried to mow a three quater inch steel pin set in concrete. I think I bent one of the spindels just a bit...appears that the greese fitting on top is wobbleing just a smige and I think there may be just a tad more vibration then there was...might be my imagination though...haven't looked at it yet. Opps...got way off topic..sorry. Good luck guys....hope you get your squeal solved!

Chris

/ GR2100 squeal when engaging PTO
Sorry to hear of your accident. I traced my serial number, and it was manufactured in Jun of 06, which is 2/3 of the way, at least, into the model year. From what I've read, Kubota was using the "new stuff" in these tractors before then. It was owned by a 76 year old guy who swapped it for a BX. It's in really nice shape with 170 hours on it. I spoke to the previous owner & he said he was happy with it and had no problems. I'm probably looking for problems where there are none.

My seat mounting did come loose on the left side, though. It had both of the 2 bolts "disappear" on the left, so the seat started wobbling to the right during my first use. Unless you know how this assembly was put together, it's hard to fix, as is. The screws come from the inside and are not accessible towards the front of the seat. The rear one, I was able to replace. If my dealer doesn't help me with this, I may have to use a hole saw & make a couple of access holes, They won't be noticeable unless you actually look for them, where they would have to be under the seat, where it slides front & back. I wont tear the rear of the tractor apart just to replace this one bolt.