GR2120 SnowBlower pic

/ GR2120 SnowBlower pic #21  
Two comments;
First, I agree the chain isnt very elegant solution, but it does its job by holding the rotating handle on the quick hitch in the open position when installing the snowblower. It's better than duct tape and it allows the snowblower to be easily installed by one person. Once it has done it job, it just hangs there until next year.

Second, regarding ballast weights. Originally, my dealer installed wheel weights on my GR2120, which did the job, but were a real pain to remove when they were not needed and installation was a finger masher. My dealer traded them out (at no charge) with the rear suitcase configuration at the end of last season. The suitcase weights are terrific, much easier to add and remove. Also, the wheel weights stuck out an extra 2-3" on each side so if you were in close quarters while snowblowing (like next to a parked car) you risked hitting something. Now, I can add or remove ballast in a couple minutes. (Also, I know that as I get older, those 25 pound suitcase weights will be easier to deal with than the 60-70 wheel weights.)
Have fun playing in the snow. Andre

Andre,I'd like to know how the deck lift circuit is utilized with the blower setup.I have a need to explore that circuit via a cylinder to lift the front plow.I can't find a blower manual online for the info I need.Thanks,Greg.

/ GR2120 SnowBlower pic #22  
Andre,I'd like to know how the deck lift circuit is utilized with the blower setup.I have a need to explore that circuit via a cylinder to lift the front plow.I can't find a blower manual online for the info I need.Thanks,Greg.

Hi Greg,

The installation to provide hydraulics to the snowblower actuator is pretty simple. I will describe below. When I get home I will see if the manual has any images I can scan in for you.

1. The SB install kit comes with a long 30-40" 2 piece hydraulic hose that has male/female quick connect in the middle and std hydraulic fittings (1 male, 1 female) on the other ends.
2. The new hyd lines go to the front end of the tractor along the frame rails. they exit at the front on the right side. This is where the QD fitting is located.
3. It is installed by disconnecting the pressure side hydraulic line on the deck lift actuator. You install one end of the new line to the pressure line. The other end is connected to the actuator. So all you have done is added a longer line with a QD in the middle to the hyd circuit.
4. When you install the SB. The QD is disconnected at the middle and plugged into the SB actuator (this makes the mower deck actuator inactive as it is no longer in the circuit. Using this connection you can utilize any single feed (gravity return) type of actuator.

Hope this helps until I can find a drawing or take some photos.
Dave

/ GR2120 SnowBlower pic #23  
Well...the blower chain broke today after 10 hours of use. Looks like i have to pay for a new one since it is a wear part. I'm thinking it was defective to begin with though. Should be a easy fix.

Last edited: