Grand L5030 starts/idles perfectly but chokes when loaded.

/ Grand L5030 starts/idles perfectly but chokes when loaded. #21  
sounds like the stall guard is haveing issues to me.

/ Grand L5030 starts/idles perfectly but chokes when loaded.
I got it fixed.....

I saw in the shop manual that there is something called a tachometer sensor (electronic)....hmm....hunted it down, just under the stop engine solenoid and in same area as all the fuel injection stuff, hidden under a rubber protective shield. I unplugged it, dusted it off/blew into both sides of the connector and reconnected it. My impression was that the connector had been properly seated and not too dusty. Nevertheless, I gave it a try...not really expecting to have resolved the problem. However, it started and ran like a top under load.... I sat on it all day yesterday pulling the disk.:D

I don't know about a stall guard, but it would drive, very slowly, with the tachometer sensor disconnected.

I didn't see any error code on the intellipanel, but will admit I didn't study it, but did drive it for probably 10 minutes very slowly back to the house while watching the MPH on the intellipanel. Thus, likely I would have seen an error code if one were present.

/ Grand L5030 starts/idles perfectly but chokes when loaded. #24  
The tach sensor is not part of any electronic engine management. It must have to do with some safety function in the intellipanel safety logic. It doesn't control anything in the engine.

/ Grand L5030 starts/idles perfectly but chokes when loaded. #25  
The TACH SENSOR is for RPM only for the Intellipanel, the only Electronic Control Unit that these tractors have is for the Glide Shift Transmission. Cleaning the Tach Sensor has no effect on engine. It only tells the intellipanel how fast the engine is turning and the PTO speed.
Get a sevice manual and read it so that you can get a full understanding of the systems on the tractor, it is worth the money for the time it saves.

David Kb7uns

/ Grand L5030 starts/idles perfectly but chokes when loaded.
Am the OP, Have service manual and read it.
That's how I found the tach sensor.
I did one thing and one thing only, reseated the connection right at the sensor.
Problem solved.
Am convinced that some relationship exists between sensing RPM's and the stop solenoid such that at extremely slow HST speeds the solenoid is allowed to be open, but when more speed is requested at the HST pedal, then something trips the stop solenoid and shuts the engine down.

No such relationship is discussed in the manual, but it is exists.

/ Grand L5030 starts/idles perfectly but chokes when loaded. #27  
Am the OP, Have service manual and read it.
That's how I found the tach sensor.
I did one thing and one thing only, reseated the connection right at the sensor.
Problem solved.
Am convinced that some relationship exists between sensing RPM's and the stop solenoid such that at extremely slow HST speeds the solenoid is allowed to be open, but when more speed is requested at the HST pedal, then something trips the stop solenoid and shuts the engine down.

No such relationship is discussed in the manual, but it is exists.

Well just for fun:D you should unhook the tack sensor completely and see what happens.:thumbsup:

/ Grand L5030 starts/idles perfectly but chokes when loaded. #28  
Well just for fun:D you should unhook the tack sensor completely and see what happens.:thumbsup:

Nope, Nope, Nope, and Nope!

First rule of repair work, If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

:laughing:

Don

/ Grand L5030 starts/idles perfectly but chokes when loaded. #29  
Nope, Nope, Nope, and Nope!

First rule of repair work, If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

:laughing:

Don

:laughing:Chicken:p