grapple up and running!! :)

/ grapple up and running!! :) #1  

stormpetrel

Gold Member
Tractor
ym2210D
`Fired her up....tightened some leaky fittings, marched over to a handy log.....and.........and........bent the bucket!!!!! I just might need some plate steel support:eek:. For some reason, I thought that 2500 psi wouldn't bend the top of my bucket!!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

But I am VERY happy with how it operates. Thanks to the help I got from you guys, I did it once, and did it right:thumbsup: This is not something I ever thought I'd be doing!!

Anyhoo, here's some pictures. I ran the working lines alongside the loader lines, temporarily. I sorta like how it works, might just leave em zip tied like they are. I have the q.d.s coming through the metal that covers the lines on the center of the loader. I like how that works too. I changed the cylinder hoses from 48" to 36", and now have changed one back to 48", and need to change the other as well. I didn't quite figure for the bucket curl distance being so great. The aluminum plate I used to mount the valve is the best part of the install as far as I'm concerned; it almost makes up for not having enough space to use two 90 degree fittings side by side on top of the valve.

I'm happy to hear any thoughts.......

Oh.....BTW Surplus Center refunded some of my shipping $$. Once I talked with someone who had authority, everything went well. I'm happy with what I got there, and the prices.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    700 KB · Views: 405
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    687.8 KB · Views: 308
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    701.6 KB · Views: 292
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 458
Last edited:
   / grapple up and running!! :)
Here's a couple more photos (including the bent bucket :eek:)
:cool:
:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    758.3 KB · Views: 272
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    749.1 KB · Views: 433
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1,021.1 KB · Views: 437
   / grapple up and running!! :) #3  
Looks good :thumbsup: I bet it feels great to have it finished and working...

I just finished mine up :) and love how you can just pick up big rocks and piles of brush (wife was actually happy with it :cool2:). I went with 3 spools instead of one (not that much more $$$). Waiting for a future TnT... :cloud9:

Last edited:
   / grapple up and running!! :) #4  

Dang! I like it. The bucket bending sounds like something I would do for sure! I guess you can look at it as giving you something else to work on ... aka: Make BETTER! I also like the "Keep Away" stickers on the thumb... tell that to the logs eh?

Tractor on

/ grapple up and running!! :) #5  

If you can find a way to get the bucket straightened back out, put a piece of C channel ( probably 1 1/2") and the width of the thumb base underneath the top of the bucket all the way across the bucket and either weld it or bolt it with 1/2" bolts evenly spaced should stop the top of the bucket from warping. Better if you can weld the ends of the channel to the sides of the bucket.

/ grapple up and running!! :) #6  
Nice looking job, glad all went well for you. I'm jealous.:drool:

/ grapple up and running!! :) #7  
I love it. Great work on it. To bad the bucket bent though.

Chad

/ grapple up and running!! :) #8  
Nice job Storm...:thumbsup:

/ grapple up and running!! :) #9  
Did the same thing you did. Have Kioti CK 20 with same setup, bent bucket first day. Took to local welding shop had top of bucket cut off and replaced with 1/2 inch flat stock. When I put the thumb back on I also bolted a 3/8" piece under the bottom side for extra strength. My little tactor will lift about 1000 lbs and had no issues since. Total cost $175.00. Great addition for moving stuff around.

Eddie

/ grapple up and running!! :) #10  
Looks pretty slick. :thumbsup: nice job. :thumbsup: now, you need to get a cool picture of it at work. heres a picture of my grapple at work. It has a better cutting edge than the regular bucket.

Attachments

• 7-4-10 007.JPG
    7-4-10 007.JPG
    923 KB · Views: 295