Grasshopper snowblower

/ Grasshopper snowblower #11  
Figured I would jump on this thread before starting a new one.

Have a 930D 2011 Grasshopper. Spline shaft
Just added a 512 2012--present electric lift Snowblower. Square shaft

We were able to take the spline shaft off the mower deck and shorten it a little and use the same one for mower and snowblower. Seems to work just as it should if that helps anyone.

I do have an issue and hope someone can help me. Our snow blower in the full down position holds about 1" above grade.

Before we modify:

1. Should not be this way and should sit on the grade with some play in the "strap" right? I do not think it is the adjustment we made on the PTO shaft. The slotted "straps" are at the end of stroke.

2. Anyone know of any adjustments that are to be made? Only thing I can think of is raise the "Deck Mount Bushing"

3. Any chance 2011 tractor and 2012 are not compatible for height without modifications?

/ Grasshopper snowblower
Figured I would jump on this thread before starting a new one.

Have a 930D 2011 Grasshopper. Spline shaft
Just added a 512 2012--present electric lift Snowblower. Square shaft

We were able to take the spline shaft off the mower deck and shorten it a little and use the same one for mower and snowblower. Seems to work just as it should if that helps anyone.

I do have an issue and hope someone can help me. Our snow blower in the full down position holds about 1" above grade.

Before we modify:

1. Should not be this way and should sit on the grade with some play in the "strap" right? I do not think it is the adjustment we made on the PTO shaft. The slotted "straps" are at the end of stroke.

2. Anyone know of any adjustments that are to be made? Only thing I can think of is raise the "Deck Mount Bushing"

3. Any chance 2011 tractor and 2012 are not compatible for height without modifications?
Don't modify the bushing. Almost every single one of these is interchangeable. You problem is likely the chain that hooks to the eye bolts and they need to be adjusted.

Before any of that, call the tech people at Grasshopper. They are all excellent and will telll you exactly what you need to do and how to do it. Call the tech guys. Then report back so others know how it was fixed. Yours should be an exact and easy fit.

/ Grasshopper snowblower
Don't modify the bushing. Almost every single one of these is interchangeable. You problem is likely the chain that hooks to the eye bolts and they need to be adjusted.

Before any of that, call the tech people at Grasshopper. They are all excellent and will telll you exactly what you need to do and how to do it. Call the tech guys. Then report back so others know how it was fixed. Yours should be an exact and easy fit.
Also, you can email Grasshopper customer service and they will email you an owner's and parts manual no problem. You'll just need the serial and model number off the snowblower so they send the right one. You might also need the s/n off the mower itself but not sure. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

I had my snowblower on for a few months now in eager anticipation of the snow I hate so much but so far, nada. Just a few flurries. I don't want much snow, only enough for the satisfaction of watching the chute fill up a couple times. Then I'm good...

/ Grasshopper snowblower #14  
My 725 blows snow very good,

725-Snowblower.jpg

I've blown foot deep snow too, and it handled it just fine.

SR

/ Grasshopper snowblower
My 725 blows snow very good,

725-Snowblower.jpg

I've blown foot deep snow too, and it handled it just fine.

SR
Very impressive. I've never seen one blow snow. How is it in wetter snow? Are you covered with snow too or not too bad? Any more advice for a newbie?

/ Grasshopper snowblower #16  
Use Fluid Film on the entire snow thrower rotor and the paddles in several coats.
The single stages do well with all types of snow.

With heavy wet snow you generally clear it while is it snowing or just make a slow
first pass and then take a half or one third cut to prevent it from plugging the chute.

With the grasshopper using a reduction gear box instead of V belts on the snow blower
it makes transmitting the available torque to the gear drive for the rotor much easier.

I wish I had the Original 1968 IHC Cub Cadet with its single stage snow blower that we had
when I was 13 years old for my place as it went through everything just like the 1972 simplicity
we had.

Last edited:
   / Grasshopper snowblower
Thank you.

/ Grasshopper snowblower #18  
Very impressive. I've never seen one blow snow. How is it in wetter snow? Are you covered with snow too or not too bad? Any more advice for a newbie?
Mine works fine in wetter snow, as long as you keep the RPM's up.

Sure you get snow on you, if you try to blow snow into the wind!

SR