gravel price check

/ gravel price check #11  
I have a insert for my old f250. I can hull about 5000 pounds of gravel at a time.

Probabally not legally:D

Just wanted to beet everyone to it:laughing:

/ gravel price check #12  
I ordered 4 truckloads (10 yards each) for 2 small jobs in the last couple of weeks. I ordered what we call here #1 road base, or maybe 1 1/2" size down rock. I paid $200 per load.

I used a guy from Decatur TX. that I have used several times, but still called around, the prices varied from $200- $280 for the same stuff.

Calling around may be the best thing, where ever you are.

/ gravel price check #13  
Every 4 or so years I get about 18ton in my place, usually between $7~9/yard. it is about due again and I'm thinking I may put in the high fines limestone. It was last quoted at 17/yard 6+yrs ago by same people. I have been using crush & run I get directly from a trucking company that has several creek run pits one within a few miles of my place. In fact last year I got 40+ ton out of my own creek (after it flooded and deposited it into my yard/park area that runs along the creek when it decided to change directions for fun.) That stuff was much larger sand stone and also has some mixed glass due to trash heap up stream that is 50 or 100 years old that washes through when it floods. I put probably 200 ton of this flat sand stone under/in my barn to build it up 24". the limestone is probably a bit better being crushed and having the high fines in it for drive applications.

Mark

/ gravel price check #14  
Buddy of mine had a dump truck. He can haul 18 tons. He told me last week that he was charged $275.00 for 18 tons of what we call # 57. He then adds his haul fee to that. He said he can get crushed ( recycled) concrete cheaper & most people are asking for the concrete

/ gravel price check #15  
Limestone went up the first of the year, and is about to raise again, due to fuel prices around here. I can haul my own on my 1 ton dump, but one quarry ( SW Columbus) has a 5 ton mimimum, or they charge double. Got screwed royally one time, so I'll let a buddy of mine haul with his 6 axle. He was charging $3.00 per mile to deliver. For larger amounts, way cheaper for him to haul it.

On the other hand, I have an old gravel bank near me, that the owner lets a few of us haul bankrun out of there, if we load ourselves for the unheard price of $1.00 per ton. Makes a decent base, and top coat with limestone.

/ gravel price check #16  
You guys get your gravel cheap I pay $25 to 30 a yard for most every type of washed stone and no much cheaper for gravel to be used in cement. That is me picking it up.

/ gravel price check #17  
Prices has steadily risen here for the last 10-15 years, since a group of investor's from Ireland started buying up most of the stone quarry's, and gravel pits. Prices were up pretty good, when fuel prices weren't that bad. They've left a few smaller operations around them operate, I'm guessing so as not to be considered a monopoly, as far as stone/gravel. But..., most of these smaller operations do not have the capability/capacity to run an asphalt plant, which all of theirs do.

/ gravel price check #18  
With the way gas prices are going, I would order sooner then later.

/ gravel price check
I ended up going with 1 1/2 dirty stone, its just stone that hasn't been washed, no real dirt in it, just dirty rocks. (if that makes sense) came in at 18$/yard. The gravel pit is about 10 miles away but it seems like they're making the money on trucking. Don't really have a choice, 24 more yards coming this morning! Thanks everyone

/ gravel price check #20  
What quarry and from who?? That is ~$5/ton higher than I got last summer. Unless you got a small load. Was this a full 20T+ load?

It's from a Shelly Plant in Utica, OH. It was on a small truck (10 tons), and I had the stone tailgated on a nasty little curving hill we have at our house down to our pole barn. That could be why it was so high ... I never asked the driver to break down costs because everyone I checked with had about the same price. Plus, some wouldn't tailgate it, and I have no way to spread it short of hiring an excavator.

Maybe I will buy it from Marion next time I need it :)