gravel price check

/ gravel price check #21  
Being in grandville, it might be just as high to get it from marion??? I dont know. I used mitchell trucking. They are out of mt. gilead. So they got a ~20mile trip to the quarry, and then a ~30 mile trip to me.

you would be another ~30 or so miles farther.

Its the little load that probabally killed you. If you priced a 20+T load, it probabally would have been a good bit less per/yard

/ gravel price check #22  
It's around $8.50 a ton here. Last we had delivered was about $200 per 17 ton load (including hauling fee), but we are only about 6 miles from the quarry.

/ gravel price check #23  
couldnt find a more recent thread so Ill bump this one.

We used to live an hr outside of STL MO in IL. There were a handfull of limestone quarries in/around st louis/alton IL that pulled rock out of the ground (crushed it then sold crushed gravel from 24" rip rap all the way down to 1/4 fines (chat). Last time i bought gravel (4 years ago) i had my own 2 ton dump and would pick up from a local quarry about 20 min from my property. $8 a ton at the quarry. ( have a thread post from back in 2010 were i got 10 ton delivered for $160)

Move to Peoria IL and there is no source of rock. Has to come up/down the IL river via barge. wanting 3/4" crushed driveway rock (limestone) $285 for 8 ton delivered. thats $35 a ton.

Most likely Ill be looking for some recycled asphalt or recycled concrete, not worth it for $35/ton delivered.

/ gravel price check #24  
Its the little things...

I am fortunate to have 4 or 5 quarries within 30 miles of me.

One of the biggest things to save cost on getting stone delivered is who you choose to haul it. Not sure if it was this thread I mentioned it or another but its worth repeting.

I have a good friend that owns and drives a dump truck. Last time I needed stone, I called him. Being honest, he advised me to use "company ABC" (not a real name), to haul He said that they deal 1000's of tons a year at the quarry and can likely get the stone, AND deliver it for LESS than he could even load up for.

He was right. $16/ton delivered is what I paid. He said that is what the quarry charges him. Not counting us few bucks a ton delivery. Since they deal sooo much volume, they get a better rate at the quarry. My last load (last year I think), was a tad over 25 ton and just a tick over $400. That was for limestone #57's

/ gravel price check #25  
31 tons of #57 limestone (2 loads) delivered in SE Ohio for $520.00. Not sure WRT mileage, but it was about a 3 hour round trip to the quarry.

Mike

/ gravel price check #26  
About $17.50 per ton delivered to the house for what we call 0 to 3/4.. which is dust up to 3/4 inch gravels here in Branson, Mo. There are nearby quarries.

/ gravel price check #27  
About $17.50 per ton delivered to the house for what we call 0 to 3/4.. which is dust up to 3/4 inch gravels here in Branson, Mo. There are nearby quarries.

What?? You BUY gravel when you have tons and tons of rocks in the yard AND you own a sledgehammer? You ain't a true hillbilly that's for darn sure! HaHa!!!!

/ gravel price check #28  
Har, har - I have 80 acres here and at least 1/10 is exposed basaltic lava bedrock. Anybody is more than welcome to bring over their own hammer and create gravel. This is the stuff railroad ballast is made from around here - in railroad use the stuff lasts forever. It must be quite hard to crush down because only one plant in this entire area produces railroad ballast.