Grease Gun Stuck to Zerks

/ Grease Gun Stuck to Zerks #1  
Tractor
BX-25
Does anyone have trouble with removing their grease gun from zerk fittings? This is my first Kubota, just wondering if maybe the grease fitting are an odd size. I'm afraid of breaking something. My grease gun seams to go on somewhat easily. There is some initial resistance, but the gun pops on with very little effort. However, after I give it a little grease, the gun does not want to come off. I managed to hit all the fittings on one side of the loader, but I was literally sweating from the effort required.

Thanks.

/ Grease Gun Stuck to Zerks #2  
Grease nozzles are made in two parts.....use two sets of pliers (or wrenches if it has wrench flats)....and loosen the two sections of the nozzle, it'll relieve the pressure of the grease allowing the nozzle two fall off grease zerk.....

You should leave the two sections of the nozzle finger tight so you won't need tools to relieve pressure....it works and avoids damage to zerk fittings....:thumbsup:

/ Grease Gun Stuck to Zerks #3  
Loosen the tip of the gun some you might only need a 1/8 or 1/4 turn to do it or loosen it a full turn and pump it if it pops off tighten it 1/8 turn and put it on and pump again till you hit the sweet spot were it will stay on and come off easily.

tom

Attachments

• grease gun tip adjustment.jpg
    grease gun tip adjustment.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 4,585
   / Grease Gun Stuck to Zerks
I appreciate the advice. As usual, the problem is with the operator, not the equipment.

/ Grease Gun Stuck to Zerks #6  
There was a thread on here recently where the OP broke some Zerks off of his Kubota, and got mad and gave the tractor away..course not too many people believed him, but if you are thinking of giving away your tractor, let me know:laughing:

James K0UA

/ Grease Gun Stuck to Zerks #7  
There was a thread on here recently where the OP broke some Zerks off of his Kubota, and got mad and gave the tractor away..course not too many people believed him, but if you are thinking of giving away your tractor, let me know:laughing:

James K0UA

Same here, I am running a shelter in the scenic countryside for old retired people and will gladly take equipment donations. Of course so far there are only the two of us...:laughing:

/ Grease Gun Stuck to Zerks #8  

James K0UA

Wouldn't surprise me......those darn junk zerks......:laughing:

/ Grease Gun Stuck to Zerks #9  
Have you seen the zerks that ar forced into the holes? The end is slightly flared and taps in, no screws. I first thought they were mismade or defective. i wonder how much pressure that hey will hold back? No ,I haven't broken any of mine on the loader yet.

/ Grease Gun Stuck to Zerks #10  
Yep, I've seen them .187 dia holes, they have ribs on them instead of threads .....just another quick way to do something substandard.......