Great Kioti Dealership

/ Great Kioti Dealership #1  

JimR

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST
AAA+ rating goes out to Concord Tractor in Chichester, NH. I have no affiliation with this dealer at all. My posting is about my own personal experience with this dealer with my smoking and rapping engine. First off they are the nicest group of people that I have ever dealt with. I deal with a lot of people in my job as a machine builder/service tech. Concord Tractor didn't care that I did not buy my tractor there. They kept me up to date with all the progress on my tractor. I never called them to ask how things were going. I had a real bad prior experience with my local dealer with a bad fuel injector and plugged up DPF that cost me almost $1600.00 under warranty. That told me to go out and find a new Kioti dealer. Concord Tractor is an hour further away than the local dealer. I will gladly bring my tractor there when needed in the future. My engine was toast and needed either a rebuild or replacement. We believe that Bio Diesel is the culprit. My diesel fuel was tested by a 3rd party and it had a very low Cetane rating. Kioti voided the warranty on the engine due to that issue. Had the rating been normal I would have been covered under warranty. After going over all the numbers I decided to go with a new engine versus a rebuild job. Hats off to Tony the service manager for arranging the meeting with the Kioti Rep. We went over what they would cover under warranty on both solutions as to a rebuild or new motor. This was not just a an engine block job. My tractor has a new complete engine with new injectors, CCRT/DPF exhaust system, turbo, high pressure fuel pump, all new hoses, switches and senders. Concord Tractor did this job for me in what I considered record time. Within an hour they had the codes checked and found the blown turbo. I was on my way home from there when they called me on my cell phone. Within a week they had the cylinder head off and motor checked out. Once the new motor arrived they had that in and done. Thanks go out to everyone at Concord Tractor for making me smile again and the great service that you did for me. I do have to say thanks to the Kioti Rep for all that you did to help me out with this problem. My tractor is purring once again.

Last edited:
   / Great Kioti Dealership #2  
I've been following your threads and that is fantastic news. Do you believe biodiesel was the cause to the initial issues prior to this? I don't even know if we have biodiesel where I live, I've never noticed it anyways.

/ Great Kioti Dealership
I've been following your threads and that is fantastic news. Do you believe biodiesel was the cause to the initial issues prior to this? I don't even know if we have biodiesel where I live, I've never noticed it anyways.
I have no answer to that because they never told me what was wrong with the injector in 2019. I do not know if BioDiesel would cause plugging of the CCRT. The Kioti Rep also told me not to use BioDiesel. The dealer said it leaves a varnish on parts and injectors. Another issue Concord Tractor told me about when using BioDiesel is that is leaves a sooty mess in the EGR valve. It is like a hairy oily mess. They told me mine was full of crap and that they cleaned it all out. They said that that have seen a few other tractors with the EGR plugged up. He also mentioned that Powerstrokes and Duromax have been having issues with BioDiesel. They said that HotShot products can be used in the fuel and oil to get to get rid of this. Hostshot in the oil will reduce stiction. Google the word if you want to know what it is. Hotshot used in the fuel will help to get rid of the byproducts of BioDiesel. After doing more research BioDiesel can destroy your engine seals and rubber hoses if they are not compatable to BioDiesel fuel. This info came from a college study done on BioDiesel. The dealer told me to run Shell T6 5W-40 motor oil in my tractor.

Last edited:
   / Great Kioti Dealership #4  
Jim, really glad Concord did you a great job from both the Mechanical repairs and Service communications. Looks like you found a Kioti dealer that you can trust for any repair, no matter the difficulty. Biodiesel not properly processed, or even good biodiesel allowed to age is the Kiss of death to diesel engines. Avoid biodiesel whenever possible, even when its mixed with normal diesel at 10% can be risky.

/ Great Kioti Dealership
Jim, really glad Concord did you a great job from both the Mechanical repairs and Service communications. Looks like you found a Kioti dealer that you can trust for any repair, no matter the difficulty. Biodiesel not properly processed, or even good biodiesel allowed to age is the Kiss of death to diesel engines. Avoid biodiesel whenever possible, even when its mixed with normal diesel at 10% can be risky.
That is exactly what I have read lately and have been scouting out new gas stations for my fuel. What really pisses me off is that my State requires signs on the gas pumps as to the quality of the gas but not a mention of what they are selling for diesel fuel. This was an experience for me and I will do my best to try and make sure that our pumps are labelled correctly. People have a right to know if they are buying that BioDiesel crap.

/ Great Kioti Dealership #6  
Thanks for the in depth reply on biodiesel. I coincidentally own a Duramax and have switched from XDP fuel treatment over to hot shot recently. I've never noticed biodiesel stickers at my pumps I go to, but will certainly be more aware. Again, great news about getting it back up and running and finding a great dealership!

/ Great Kioti Dealership
Thanks for the in depth reply on biodiesel. I coincidentally own a Duramax and have switched from XDP fuel treatment over to hot shot recently. I've never noticed biodiesel stickers at my pumps I go to, but will certainly be more aware. Again, great news about getting it back up and running and finding a great dealership!
Thanks. Ask the manager where you buy fuel about the diesel that they sell. Here is what I have found out so far on real diesel stations. Sunoco and Mobil near me are selling real diesel fuel. One local private garage also has real diesel. The Shell station told me that they sell green eco friendly diesel fuel, that means Bioshit fuel. There is a big oil supplier near me that got caught selling Bio heating oil to their customers. I heard that they had to pay over $400,000.00 in fines. They also sell Bioshit diesel at their pumps at several stations.

/ Great Kioti Dealership #8  
Thanks. Ask the manager where you buy fuel about the diesel that they sell. Here is what I have found out so far on real diesel stations. Sunoco and Mobil near me are selling real diesel fuel. One local private garage also has real diesel. The Shell station told me that they sell green eco friendly diesel fuel, that means Bioshit fuel. There is a big oil supplier near me that got caught selling Bio heating oil to their customers. I heard that they had to pay over $400,000.00 in fines. They also sell Bioshit diesel at their pumps at several stations.
Shell Oil has gone to biodiesel worldwide now. Overseas its more tolerable for diesel, because most countries do not adhere to Tier-4 emissions standards. But here in the US, it just gums up everything with fatty precipitation along the entire fuel system, from fuel tank to the injectors.

Last edited:
   / Great Kioti Dealership #9  
The Kioti Australia warranty exclusions include "Damage to fuel injection systems caused by the use of BIO or contaminated fuels". My new RX8030 does not have a DPF, so is not a Tier 4 engine (as I understand)

There are four grades of diesel here - diesel, diesel premium, B5 and B20, the last two indicating the percentage of bio products in the fuel. Yet, the Australian regulations state "Up to 5% biodiesel can be included in any diesel sold in Australia without additional labelling."

Can of worms, eh!

/ Great Kioti Dealership #10  
I wish I lived closer I would of bought my dk4210se from them. The elderly guy who owns the place stayed after hours with me one sat when I was looking. He was awesome. I ended up getting a machine from orchard hill in belchertown. No complaints with them either. My seat and steering wheel was damaged when I picked it up and they were replaced under warranty no problems and threw in a filter for my time.