Guess DPF prevents this

/ Guess DPF prevents this #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
Guess DPF in our pickups will prevent our doing this.

Ralph

Attachments

• DPF stops this.PNG
    DPF stops this.PNG
    734.5 KB · Views: 681
   / Guess DPF prevents this #2  
That comes out of the category of “can’t fix stupid.”
They think they’re funny but all they really do is create an excuse for more rules and regulations to be passed.

/ Guess DPF prevents this #3  

Ralph

yeah,unless you perform a delete, Larger injectors, Then, you can roll coal, blow smoke all you want.
My truck doesn't have DPF, but I still don't do this

/ Guess DPF prevents this
I used to do it occasionly with the 240D or 220D if I got a tailgater.

Ralph

/ Guess DPF prevents this #5  
My 2 remaining bone stock DPF trucks will occasionally billow smoke. It makes folks behind me agitated, to put it kindly. It is more of a light gray smoke than the obvious black over-fueling smoke

/ Guess DPF prevents this #6  

Ralph

Why would I want to convince everyone who sees it what a jerk I am?

/ Guess DPF prevents this #8  
Have the DPF removed today on my I30. The content of the filter has been removed. Had the error message P2002 before deleting. Now after the removal, the error code p2002 returns. Not as fast as before but the orange light is flashing again. And again P2002 fault. How can there be a pressure difference when the filter is empty? What could be the error? Is the pressure senor turned off when removing the filter?

/ Guess DPF prevents this #9  
Have the DPF removed today on my I30. The content of the filter has been removed. Had the error message P2002 before deleting. Now after the removal, the error code p2002 returns. Not as fast as before but the orange light is flashing again. And again P2002 fault. How can there be a pressure difference when the filter is empty? What could be the error? Is the pressure senor turned off when removing the filter?

Even with a perfectly clean DPF filter, the computer still needs to see a difference between both sensors. The filter material will create a restriction that will give that pressure differential needed.

That's why when deleting a DPF, most of the times is not as simple as just gut the filter. It works on some tractors though.

/ Guess DPF prevents this #10  
The EPA requires the system to be smart enough to diagnose itself. That means it has to see a difference in pressure across the DPF. It has to see a temperature increase during a regeneration cycle. It will continue the regeneration until it sees a pressure drop. If pressure does not drop sufficiently in designated time then fault. Plus a limit as to how long a fault will be tolerated before total shutdown.

If you simply remove the DPF without hacking the ECU firmware eventually you will enter a routine scheduled regeneration and never exit until the fault timeout shuts everything down.

Regeneration dumps unburned fuel during the exhaust cycle so as to light the DPF on fire and burn out the accumulated carbon. This is a really bad state to be locked into.