Guess DPF prevents this

/ Guess DPF prevents this #31  
It's kinda like saying pedestrians have the right of way. As a legal matter, probably correct. As a practical matter, there's a world of hurt in it for the pedestrian if the car doesn't agree at that time....

Now you're talking about a different law... that annoying law of physics which states that two solid objects can't occupy the same space at the same time.

/ Guess DPF prevents this #32  
Roads and crosswalks are one thing. But in a parking lot when I'm trying to back into or out of a parking space, a person can see my car a WHOLE lot easier than I can see them.

/ Guess DPF prevents this #33  
Now you're talking about a different law... that annoying law of physics which states that two solid objects can't occupy the same space at the same time.

The legal system provides a remedy. May not help the injured or deceased pedestrian, but at least provides compensation for hid heirs.

/ Guess DPF prevents this #34  
I belong to a Dodge Diesel forum. Every once in a while there will be a post by some idiot asking "what do I do to make my truck blow black smoke?" Makes me cringe to think that some people think this is cool and to know that some people are this stupid.

/ Guess DPF prevents this #35  
I belong to a Dodge Diesel forum. Every once in a while there will be a post by some idiot asking "what do I do to make my truck blow black smoke?" Makes me cringe to think that some people think this is cool and to know that some people are this stupid.

I suppose that makes sense, if you either have more money that sense or are operating on someone else's dime. Even with the recent drop, diesel is still too expensive to turn into smoke IMO. Fuel not turned in HP is wasted....

/ Guess DPF prevents this #36  
I have a friend that runs a Dodge Cummings. He has just about every power mod that you can think of. At full tune and full fueling he is close to 850HP. He also hates bicycles not riding per the law (single file too allow traffic buy - traffic (him) to give 3' clearance when passing). Was riding with him the other day to help a friend move and ran into the cycle club riding on mass not letting folks buy (going uphill). just before he had a chance to pass I saw him fiddle with the tuner, etc. Then he hit the air horns and pulled out to pas safely - except for the huge cloud of exhaust smoke blowing towards the shoulder. His truck is Fast, and I mean fast. Got around in a few seconds (safely), but you could not see behind us.

On the way back they were still trying to climb the hill but were single file this time with a cop trailing them.

Was it right - probably not.

/ Guess DPF prevents this #37  
In my life whatever is bigger wins! I yield to big trucks and farm tractors the same because I don't want them to flatten me. I don't bike, but if I did, cars would win because they are bigger.

You are not alone with this opinion.

I live on a dead end road, about 2 miles long. I am THE last house. Road (paved part) is about 12' wide so it's just a little country dead end gravel road that they finally put pavement on.

I used to drive a Miata....nice & tiny car. We get a lot of rednecks and in general punks out here (lots of woods for drugs, drinking, other...)

Only 6 houses out here so I know all neighbors and their vehicles.

Not "here and then" but rather, as a matter of 4 times a week, I'd be driving up/down my road and someone (usually a younger kid) driving his truck, down the middle of the road, no sign caring that there are two vehicles approaching each other. Essentially, forcing me 100% of the time for ME to pull off into the shoulder (with some dropoff's to creeks, rough terrain other....and in other places, plenty of room)

Anyway, I got sick & tired of being pushed off the road I live on by people in general being rude.

Then, I bought my industrial backhoe. Remember, my road is about 12' wide. Loader bucket is 8' wide. Now, when I drive down road in my backhoe (the road boarders our land for about 3/4 mile) I come across said truck who's just coming at me waiting for me again, to move over..... Well.... if "size makes right" and I have to move my Miata for their big bad truck..... now, it's MY turn as I'm in the 18,000 pound backhoe

We come face to face.....I slow down.....I stop. I am NOT going to move. We wait.....they stare at me....I wait, maybe shrug my shoulders..... after all, I'm "at home" and can wait here all day, I'm not going anywere.

They finally toss it into reverse and make their turn to the dirt, mud whatever to get where they want to go.

They've done this to me for 20+ years with zero respect so today, if I'm in the backhoe, I do not "back down" for anyone. I don't care who they are, but THEY are the ones who are going to pull off the road, back up, do whatever they need to do.

I dont like it but it would be so much better if everyone had respect.