Guess what?

/ Guess what? #11  
LoneCowboy said:
I hook it up, i drive off down the median strip and within a 100 feet, the mower is draggin in the dirt and i'm doing about 1mph
I go back
"what's the problem, I can make it happen, you drive, I'll show you"
So i did and they agree that "yep, that sure is happening"

arrrrgggggghhhhhhh

Sounds like your mower isn't the only thing "draggin in the dirt" at that dealership. I've had my share of problems with my tractor in the beginning, but it performs very well now. With every problem I took to my dealer, their first question was to ask what they could do, and the second was if I was satisfied after they had completed the work. I never had to lead them by the hand. I'm sorry that's not true in your case.

/ Guess what? #12  
LoneCowboy said:
It gets worse

I'm starting to not like NH's.:(

Hate to hear about your run of luck, we've all heard of hitting a bad apple in a bunch, but you may have gotten two! Similar to me and our personal vehicles; I have never cared for a Chevy, (Dodge fan since 1972), Nothing against Chevy, they just don't appeal to me. When working for a major oil company, my last company p/u stayed more in the shop, than out in the field. Around that time, I let my wife talk me into a '99 Monte Carlo for her. I could take a lot of space listing all the problems those two vehicles had. Usually trading personal vehicles @ approx 60k mi.; when that Monte Carlo, (aka Mighty Breakdown), reached 50k, I told wife it had to go. We ordered a Chrysler, trading in the Mighty Breakdown with a faulty security system (2nd time for it to crap out), 4 way flashers that would come on by theirselves, check engine light that wouldn't turn off, (dealer recommended taking out bulb), and some other minor problems. Add to the insult, when her new car arrived, she was enroute to exchange vehicles, a deer jumped on the hood, damaging it, breaking windshield, damaging roof, and windshield post. I still chuckle when I think of the look on the dealers face when the wrecker drove up with that car on a hook.

/ Guess what? #13  
So far (knock on wood) I haven't had any issues with the new Deere 6430. With 220+ hrs. so far, it looks to be past the initial "lemon or not" stage with good marks. BUT... I had a few questions for the service guys last week regarding servicing the IVT tranny. Guess what? Not the first guy in the shop had been in one yet. All they knew was what Deere service manuals and tech bulletins tell tham. I was afraid of that.

It seems that manufacturers are so caught up in keeping up with the Jones/Deeres/NH/ect, they keep changing models and options faster than the service guys can get their minds wrapped around last weeks "concept". Even in the case of this high volume Deere dealership, they see so many different varients of the same tractor, no two are alike. These guys are the best we have to hope for and they don't know what's up half the time.

And twisting wrenches on our thousands of dollars in investments is their training.

Yet ANOTHER reason why I like old tractors that I know how to work on myself.

/ Guess what? #14  
Farmwithjunk said:
So far (knock on wood) I haven't had any issues with the new Deere 6430. With 220+ hrs. so far, it looks to be past the initial "lemon or not" stage with good marks. BUT... I had a few questions for the service guys last week regarding servicing the IVT tranny. Guess what? Not the first guy in the shop had been in one yet. All they knew was what Deere service manuals and tech bulletins tell tham. I was afraid of that.

It seems that manufacturers are so caught up in keeping up with the Jones/Deeres/NH/ect, they keep changing models and options faster than the service guys can get their minds wrapped around last weeks "concept". Even in the case of this high volume Deere dealership, they see so many different varients of the same tractor, no two are alike. These guys are the best we have to hope for and they don't know what's up half the time.

And twisting wrenches on our thousands of dollars in investments is their training.

you want the talented mechanic that owns a tractor just like yours.
larry

/ Guess what? #15  
Farmwithjunk said:

JD dealer that one of my cousins recently purchased a tractor from is the same way. They have a unit with the IVT transmission, customer bought at auction, tranny doesn't function properly. They've never sold or serviced one, mechanic has about 900 or more page, 6 inch thick manual from Deere to wade through.

/ Guess what? #16  
i had the same type of luck same as you but when my tractor was new all i had to do is sit on it and a hose would break...no i am not that over weight,the first 50 hours i was on speed dial with the dealer and there mobile service truck was at my house on a weekly basis finally got it corrected and the tractor has benn great ever since good luck

/ Guess what?
After 4 days and $450, teh TN came back, I drove it an hour south back to the job where it broke and it did the same bleeping thing within an hour.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

I had maybe an hours worth fo work left, i called up dealer and said, bring me a loaner, you take this one back. "oh, we'll send someone"
someone finally shows at 3pm (1st breakdown at 11am), he works on it for 3 hours, never gets it to work, so it's back on the trailer, I'll have to take it in tomorrow and guess what?
Get a bleeping loaner and then DRIVE ANOTHER HOUR one way again.
I'm so mad i can barely see straight.
I told them also that they can call NH and tell them to come get the TC45, cuz it's never going back to my house. Beyond the fact it's a complete lemon, obviously this dealer's service department can't fix it.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

I cannot, in good conscious recommend anyone buy a NH anymore

/ Guess what? #18  
When they bring it back; take it to a competitor and trade it in.

/ Guess what? #19  
Brian, a lot of your problems seem more dealer related which is sad given you have two new tractors and not a decent dealer to take care of them. There is no reason you should be getting these tractors back with the same problem time after time. That tells me the dealer doesn't know what they are doing. I am wondering if their incompetence is creating more problems when they try to fix one.:(

I love my Ford/NH equipment but I have a great NH dealer which makes a world of difference. I would find a dealer who knows tractors and has a great service department and trade the tractors in.

/ Guess what? #20  
At a certain point (of which, I believe you passed some time back) you have a case for replacement with another tractor. New tractors have been known to have problems. They should be fixed and life should go on. However, when you handed them a check, it was for a NEW tractor, and not a low houred, late model that had been taken apart and put back together (incorrectly?) numerous times.

If you haven't already, I'd be making contact with NH themselves. Go over the dealers head. Go straight to the top. Make it abundantly clear that you've bought TWO tractors, and had repeated problems with both. They need to know that THEIR dealer's service dept. has failed miserably. Let them know you're not happy, and you're sharing your displeasure with hundreds, if not thousands of potential buyers. Shake their tree.