Gun room

/ Gun room #21  
Don't talk about it with your neighbors ever and tell the family the same.

/ Gun room #22  
If the guns are even slightly warmer than ambient air, condensation will not occur. That is why gun safes are often equipped with small "wand" heaters only drawing five watts or so. No condensation, no rust.

However, for most situations a de-humidifier with a 'humidstat' on/off is a better solution. You do have to empty condensed water for the de-humidifier reservoir from time to time.

/ Gun room #23  
That is a great space to have. Since it is completely fire proof I would be hesitant to add 2x4 framing and add combustible material.

This sounds like the perfect use of the vault door. Although a little pricey, try to imagine how much a gun safe with that much storage room would cost!

I would imagine there are some heavy duty steel commercial type doors that you could use to be pretty secure too. Even it you had to add more dead bolts at the top, sides and bottom to mimic a safe door.

/ Gun room #25  
A cool option would be to place a blind in front of the door so it is invisible. Maybe a life size painting of Napoleon on hinges? :)

Just attached a set of shelves to the door. When closed the door will look like... Well a set of shelves with random basement stuff on them.

/ Gun room #26  
The house we lived in previously had a full basement with an area under the porch with a doorway. I wish our new home had something similar as it would be fairly easy to disguise the entrance like you plan on doing. I like your idea of typical basement shelves holding typical basement stuff to keep the eyes moving in case your home is ever broken in to.