Hammer Strap

/ Hammer Strap #1  

jon edwards

Silver Member
Tractor
Case Farmall 75C, john deere 1520, Polaris 900 XP
I needed to rent a field roller the other day and I was told I needed a Hammer Strap on my drawbar. I went to Case and they wanted $175 for one to fit my tractor. Does anyone have any ideas/thoughts on getting on made and maybe not paying that much? My tractor is a 2016 Case Farmall 75 C.

Thanks-Jon

Attachments

• 20190520_180259 (1).jpg
    20190520_180259 (1).jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 350
  • 20190517_141519 (1).jpg
    20190517_141519 (1).jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 496
   / Hammer Strap #2  
I would take the measurements to a machine shop and have them build one. It should be a lot cheaper than that. If the equipment has a circle to hook up in the end like a pintle hitch, you might be able to use a pintle hook mounted to the tool bar to move it.

/ Hammer Strap #3  
Perhaps make one out of an old drawbar.

/ Hammer Strap
Thanks guys. I was thinking of going to a machine shop. I couldn't believe the price.

/ Hammer Strap #5  
Maybe you could find one at a pawn shop or farm auction, CL?

Making one out of an old draw bar is easiest. Or buy some bar stock from a steel supply and start from there.

/ Hammer Strap #6  
We used to make our own by using some 1" thick steel the same width as the drawbar and drill the holes we needed through it. We would use a few shorter pieces under the longer top one and bolt everything together with bolts. Quick and cheap.

/ Hammer Strap #7  
I'm really a newb... what are we talking about... "Hammer Strap"... anyone, pls tell me what it is ?

Thx / Ltr

/ Hammer Strap #8  
I'm really a newb... what are we talking about... "Hammer Strap"... anyone, pls tell me what it is ?

Thx / Ltr

Added to tractor drawbar to pull an implement or trailer that does not have a clevis hitch like the top drawing.

hammerstrap.jpg

Bruce

/ Hammer Strap #10  
Seen them, used them, did not know the name. Thanks for the info.

Maybe it's an Oklahoma thing to not having heard of them.:laughing: I've lived most of my life in Texas, but started out in Oklahoma and I never heard of a "hammer strap" before this thread today.:laughing: Just one more thing I've learned on TBN.