Hammer Strap

/ Hammer Strap
Using an old drawbar sounds like a good idea, but where would I find one? Anyway thanks for all the good advice. I already did the work I needed. I just thought I should get this setup in the event I need it in the future.

/ Hammer Strap #23  
I'm really a newb... what are we talking about... "Hammer Strap"... anyone, pls tell me what it is ?

Thx / Ltr

I thought the OP was talking about the cloth strap on the leg of a pair of overalls.

/ Hammer Strap #24  
Using an old drawbar sounds like a good idea, but where would I find one? Anyway thanks for all the good advice. I already did the work I needed. I just thought I should get this setup in the event I need it in the future.

Usally hanging on a nail or on a post / wall in the barn. Scrap yards, auctions or 20 bucks from northern tool.

/ Hammer Strap #25  
Jon...have the dealer throw in grade 8 fasteners and a pin and call it a day. Time is money too.

/ Hammer Strap #26  
So... the "Hammer Strap" the part that goes on the top of the Draw Bar, or is it the whole thing once the top piece is attached ?

I can see where the top piece would stabilize a Pin when towing, so I can understand the need, especially if heavier attachments or something that is banging all the time; sort of taking the hammering !

I learned a new thing today, "Hammer Strap" - a Piece added to a Draw Bar to stabilize the Draw Pin.
Never knew it was a separate item, but now I do and if I buy a draw bar I will be sure to make a Hammer Strap.

Thanks people, a good day, "learn something everyday" is one of my mottos.

/ Hammer Strap #27  
I wouldn't build you one for less than $175.

Yup. Buy the $175 one, you know it will fit and it is ready to go. Shop would likely build you one for $250.

$60,000 tractor is worth a $175 accessory.

/ Hammer Strap #28  
Yup. Buy the $175 one, you know it will fit and it is ready to go. Shop would likely build you one for $250.

$60,000 tractor is worth a $175 accessory.
Or even a $30K tractor :tractor:

/ Hammer Strap #29  
I think the one I bought through Kubota for my M7060 was right at $100 bucks. Maybe try that.

/ Hammer Strap #30  
A hammer strap style drawbar is only needed for implements or trailers with a lunette ring which are often used with pintle hitches.
Some of the nicer hammer strap drawbars have an automatic pin drop release for aid in hooking up.
If your equipment and implements have a clevis hitch you should not be using a hammer strap style drawbar,
it will result in hitch pin binding and or twisting of implement tongues.