Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good?

/ Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good? #1  

bialecki

Gold Member
I see that Harbor Freight has their 12 volt grease gun on sale for $50. Comparing this to the Lincoln grease gun that sells for $160, I was wondering if anyone has owned/ used the HF gun and is it worth the money or should I continue to save?

Here is the link to the Harbor freight grease gun:

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Thanks

/ Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good? #2  
Works for me to grease the fittings on the MMM on a BX. Pretty good value I think. Now if u are going to use this gun all day long then maybe u want to spend the extra $$ for a professional model, for occasional use, it works fine for me.:D I got mine and used a 20% coupon and paid $35 for it a few months ago.

/ Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good? #3  
try ebay
you'll be amazed what you can find on there, esp in grease guns.

/ Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good? #4  
Yes,
I bought that one about a year ago and it has worked very well for me. If I remember right, it comes with 2 batteries and case etc. It holds a charge real good and lubes real good with pressure. I have not had any problems with it whatsoever. It has been a real value so far.

/ Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good? #5  
I guess I'm puzzled why I would need a powered grease gun for just a few fittings.... I like the "feel" a lever gives me, which can tell me a lot about the condition of the item to be greased..seems a powered grease gun would mask that. Of course I do get suckered in by the gadget factor frequently:p

Last edited:
   / Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good? #6  
3 tractors
2 trucks
3 trailers
I don't know how many implements
assorted lawnmowers
My hand got tired. :cool:

it really is very cool
Plus, have you priced a regular grease gun lately? LIke 20 plus dollars, up to $40, for a Plews (made in china :mad: )
for 20 more dollars, why not?

/ Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good? #7  
LoneCowboy said:
3 tractors
2 trucks
3 trailers
I don't know how many implements
assorted lawnmowers
My hand got tired. :cool:

it really is very cool
Plus, have you priced a regular grease gun lately? LIke 20 plus dollars, up to $40, for a Plews (made in china :mad: )
for 20 more dollars, why not?

7 tractors (currently) , 2 trucks, 2 trailers, 4 bush hogs, 2 plows, 2 disc's, tiller, cultipacker, planter, cultivator, grain drill, sickle bar, hay rake, baler, 3 wagons, elevator, post hole auger, wood splitter, fertilizer spreader, manure spreader, finish mower, and that's just things with grease fittings.

If they made a self-propelled diesel powered remote control GPS guided digital grease gun I'd want one. ;)

Got a Lincoln gun. Love it. Worth the bucks.

/ Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good? #8  
Well jeez guys- do you grease ALL of them at the same time?;)

/ Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good? #9  
Skyco said:
Well jeez guys- do you grease ALL of them at the same time?;)

Some days it seems like it. If a sometimes unpleasant job is made easy enough, it'll USUALLY get done.

/ Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good? #10  
patience grasshopper patinece.:D :D :D

I have one tractor only and few implements. I grease one joint at time....I do it nice as slow and I don't want to push the seals out or bust any rubber boot. Saying that I sure don't want to get carpal tunnel Syndrome either if I had as many pieces of machinery like ya'll have.

JC

Last edited: