Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good?

/ Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good? #31  
bialecki said:
So this is why I asked the original question; "is the HF any good"? It seems as though it does the job for the guy (like me) who will not use the tool every day.

It works great, but read the caveats in my previous post.

I grease a dozer and earth mover with it, only because my air grease gun won't reach them. Otherwise, I would use my beloved $14 HF air gun on everything.

/ Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good? #32  
bdeboer said:
Has anyone had trouble with blowing out the boots on ball joints, etc. with the cordless or pneumatic grease guns?

I've over filled many boots until grease extruded out underneath them, but never busted one yet. I think they have to be pretty rotten to bust.

/ Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good?
have_blue said:
I grease a dozer and earth mover with it, only because my air grease gun won't reach them. Otherwise, I would use my beloved $14 HF air gun on everything.

I have a Craftsman continuous flow grease gun and it does an excellent job, but, I am usually lazy and I don't want to hook up the air line and the gun, lube then recoil the air line, etc. This grease gun I found nearly new at some pawn shop for $20 with a ridged extension tube/ fitting and an extra swivel nozzle and an 18" extension hose, so I couldn't pass on it. It is very nice but, like others here, I can not have enough of tools.

So I agree with the replies, if the electric grease gun is readily available I will be more likely to grease the fittings more frequently.

/ Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good? #34  
Skyco said:
BTW most (all?) shippers will ding you for the tax anyway if they have a store or presence in your state...

Yeah, you're right. Just out of curiosity I went through the checkout process online for the grease gun all the way up until confirming the order. And I was charged for shipping and sales tax. I guess that's because there's a Harbor Freight in my state like you said.

Islandtractor said:
Does that help get grease through "sticky" nipples . . .

Sticky nipples?!?!? Don't take THAT out of context!!

/ Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good? #35  
bialecki said:
So I agree with the replies, if the electric grease gun is readily available I will be more likely to grease the fittings more frequently.

That's why I use my air grease gun more. If my electric gun had a rigid nozzle extension, I would find it a lot more useful. Then there's the soft chuck jaws that leak and get stuck on the fitting. They will be completely worn out in no time.

/ Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good? #36  
I bought the Lincoln to avoid the "China Syndrome" of the cheaper ones and low & behold, it's made in China, too.

Of course it says "expertly engineeered in USA", though. :rolleyes:

/ Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good? #37  
Builder said:
I bought the Lincoln to avoid the "China Syndrome" of the cheaper ones and low & behold, it's made in China, too.

Of course it says "expertly engineeered in USA", though. :rolleyes:

To be politically correct, I think I saw somewhere that the Lincolns are made in Taiwan. You'll need to keep that distinction clear if you want a job on the Olympic Committee.:rolleyes:

/ Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good?
IslandTractor said:
To be politically correct, I think I saw somewhere that the Lincolns are made in Taiwan. You'll need to keep that distinction clear if you want a job on the Olympic Committee.:rolleyes:

Received the Chinese made 12V Lincoln grease gun yesterday that was designed in the USA; first impression, nice finish (powder coat and plated grease barrel) good fit between the battery and handle, low noise, good quality fittings and hose, Charger and other supplies of equal quality. Because I have to perform the initial charge on the batteries I was not able to actually use it, however, I did connect the grease gun hose fitting to the more difficult to access Zerk fittings on my Kubota and I was pleased (with my pneumatic grease gun I have a rigid tube versus a 18" hose which I like). Now the question remains is the cost/benefit really their with the Lincoln versus the HF brand? Remember the Lincoln was 3X the cost of the HF. However, in the past I never went wrong when I spring for the better tool.

/ Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good? #39  
   / Harbor freight 12Volt Grease Gun; Any Good? #40  
Skyco said:
Just returned from a stop at the local Northern Tool with a Lincoln cordless grease gun on sale for $39.95:) Didn't really have a pressing need for one but what the heck...
Don't know if the sale is everywhere or just the one in Columbia SC.

Here it is but with the regular price shown- Lincoln Guardian 12V Cordless Grease Gun, Model# G121 | Grease Guns | Northern Tool + Equipment

I've had one for six months or so. It works well. Too early to tell how long it will last but it seems reasonably well built and sturdy.