Harbor Freight (HF) Trencher(Backhoe)

/ Harbor Freight (HF) Trencher(Backhoe) #21  
   / Harbor Freight (HF) Trencher(Backhoe) #22  
Dargo,

I agree with CurlyDave.
They have great deals at harborfreight

check this out:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/parts-repairs/114176-harbor-freight-tools-dont-suck.html

I'm happy for you. Really. My dad hauls a bunch of stuff home from there and dumps it on me. Here is a thread that you may find interesting as well http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/parts-repairs/114375-hf-tools-suck.html

I do list the few things I have from there that I consider a good deal. Unfortunately, by a wide margin, most things there just get tossed into the trash because they don't work as advertised or they are just plain dangerous. But, hey, that band of guys who travel around selling cheap tools out of the back of semi trailers seem to draw a huge crowd everywhere they go. What do I know.

/ Harbor Freight (HF) Trencher(Backhoe) #23  
I knew you would do that with that link.-Tools that suck--you are funny
I hear ya about the truck that drives around with tools.
I bought some tools from them too and your right they are garbage throw away type never again will I buy from them..

Harbor Freight offers a extended warranty which replaces the tool with a new one and you don't have to return the old one.

my exp with them was buying the 10" wet saw for $199 which now sells for $369.
I used this saw on a few walkways and patios and it just keeps cutting with no problems.
I bought the dimond blade for $29 I did not expect it to last (work wise) so I bought 2
haven't changed blade yet.

I am one who beleves you get what you pay for.
but I figured if I get one job out of the saw I would still be ahead, so I bought it.

I ordered a wet/dry bench grinder for $56.
If it turns out that it sucks I'll let you know

Is it luck?
we will see.

/ Harbor Freight (HF) Trencher(Backhoe) #24  
Harbor Freight offers a extended warranty which replaces the tool with a new one...

I'm hearing that Sears isn't exactly honoring that policy with their tools. :eek: Man, I hope it isn't so.

I honestly wouldn't consider the trencher thing from HF, but I honestly am going by there today. Really! I need to replace the small tool kit that I keep in my jet skis. When one of my kids flipped theirs (that's my story and I'm sticking to it :)) the storage compartment came open and my little tool kit flew out. Oddly enough, it didn't float. I figure I can replace all the tools I had in there for about $10 or so. Works for me.

/ Harbor Freight (HF) Trencher(Backhoe) #25  
Harbor Freight offers a extended warranty which replaces the tool with a new one and you don't have to return the old one.

The warranty did not work that way for mine, we had to turn in the old saw (at least we did, I doubt the wife asked about keeping it, but will next (if there is a next) time). Could just be a local store policy.

The other thing I did not understand when I bought my warranty that was a "3 year" warranty was that they will replace that one, and then your warranty was done, if you wanted the next tool to be warrantied, you had to buy another warranty. Not quite what I had expected, but probably doom on me for not reading enough.

Anyway, it has made me rethink the warranty deal. I am not buying them now.

My opinion is very different from Dargo's, as I feel that many HF tools offer a good dollar value.

There is a 30 day no question return policy, I just figure I will run the tool enough in that 30 days to see if it has any basic faults or not, then run the risk that I have to replace it if it breaks (or repair it) at my own dime.

/ Harbor Freight (HF) Trencher(Backhoe) #26  
I agree with John and Alan on this one. I purchased the plate compactor and the 10" wet saw and they work great. The compactor comes with a B&S engine and fires up with 1 or 2 pulls. No complaints yet.

/ Harbor Freight (HF) Trencher(Backhoe) #27  
The warranty did not work that way for mine, we had to turn in the old saw (at least we did, I doubt the wife asked about keeping it, but will next (if there is a next) time). Could just be a local store policy.

The other thing I did not understand when I bought my warranty that was a "3 year" warranty was that they will replace that one, and then your warranty was done, if you wanted the next tool to be warrantied, you had to buy another warranty. Not quite what I had expected, but probably doom on me for not reading enough.

Anyway, it has made me rethink the warranty deal. I am not buying them now.

My opinion is very different from Dargo's, as I feel that many HF tools offer a good dollar value.

There is a 30 day no question return policy, I just figure I will run the tool enough in that 30 days to see if it has any basic faults or not, then run the risk that I have to replace it if it breaks (or repair it) at my own dime.

Alan,

am referring to the extended warranty.
before I bought the saw I call and questioned the extended warranty did a bunch of what ifs and after your original warranty runs out the extended one kicks in. the extended warranty is the one to use --true you have to return tools within your regular warranty.
But the extended covers all. no shipping back to the harbor freight.
They told me just throw the old one out.

buy the extended warranty it works.

/ Harbor Freight (HF) Trencher(Backhoe) #28  
Alan,

am referring to the extended warranty.
before I bought the saw I call and questioned the extended warranty did a bunch of what ifs and after your original warranty runs out the extended one kicks in. the extended warranty is the one to use --true you have to return tools within your regular warranty.
But the extended covers all. no shipping back to the harbor freight.
They told me just throw the old one out.

buy the extended warranty it works.

I was referring to the extended warranty.

The "three year" they offer you at time of sale, unless there is another warranty that I am unfamiliar with.

/ Harbor Freight (HF) Trencher(Backhoe) #29  
oops sorry about that,
I bought mine online.
like you said maybe it's a store policy.
There prices can make one crazzy different prices online, catalog, and in store

/ Harbor Freight (HF) Trencher(Backhoe) #30  
I've had this trencher for about 3 yrs now. The only problem I've had has been with bucket, it cracked at the top after digging a huge oak stump. HF sent me a new one but I just welded the old one and have had no more problems the new bucket is in the shed. I've dug out my pond dug 4 big oak stumps with no problems. I paid $3060 delivered to the house. When it arrived I found a seal kit to do all the cylinders but I haven't had to use them. The paint job isn't the best and has chipped off in places. Cylinders are the screw together type so repairs shouldn't be a problem. So far I've been real happy with trencher. It doesn't dig straight down very good but it is powerful. Hope this helps.

James