Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,731  
Does anyone know if HF cordless tools can use a Dewalt battery? The connections look similar. I never remember to take a Dewalt battery in the see if they would work.

I can't think they'd be the same, but I am sure there are adapters available.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,732  
Does anyone know if HF cordless tools can use a Dewalt battery? The connections look similar. I never remember to take a Dewalt battery in the see if they would work.
Was said somewhere a tab could be cut to make batteries interchangeable. Don't know if that was to use HF battery on DeWalt or which way.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,735  
Thousands of tool are thrown away when the battery fails and can't be replaced because the connection has changed.

Bruce

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,736  
Speaking of HF tools that don't suck, I really like their battery powered transfer pump, I use it for all sorts of transfer duties, from gasoline to diesel fuel to light gear oil and they are pretty cheap compared to the ones on Amazonian.

I see they are on sale right now for under 10 bucks. I tend to buy a couple at a time and they are hard on regular D cell batteries so what I did / do is I bought a couple 2 packs of Li-Ion rechargeable D cell batteries and I charge them (all 4) and 2 on the shelf when the 2 in the pump get weak, I exchange them with charged ones. Much cheaper than tossing conventional D cells. They do expire after a while but for under 10 bucks a shot, I don't care. In fact, I presently have 3 of them, one in use and 2 standby.

Nice thing about the rechargeable D cells is they hold their charge just fine sitting on the shelf, waiting to be used.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,737  
Thousands of tool are thrown away when the battery fails and can't be replaced because the connection has changed.

Bruce
Why I've standardized my cordless tool assortment to just Bauer. No issues with non compatible batteries at all. You could do the same deal with the 'Hercules' line as well but I started out with Bauer so I stick with Bauer. They are not 'professional use, heavy duty' tools but for occasional use, they work fine for me and the newer brushless ones are even longer lasting on a battery. I have a pile of them actually.

Bauer batteries are pretty inexpensive as well. Much cheaper than say DeWalt or Milwaukee for that matter.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,738  
Speaking of HF tools that don't suck, I really like their battery powered transfer pump, I use it for all sorts of transfer duties, from gasoline to diesel fuel to light gear oil and they are pretty cheap compared to the ones on Amazonian.

I see they are on sale right now for under 10 bucks. I tend to buy a couple at a time and they are hard on regular D cell batteries so what I did / do is I bought a couple 2 packs of Li-Ion rechargeable D cell batteries and I charge them (all 4) and 2 on the shelf when the 2 in the pump get weak, I exchange them with charged ones. Much cheaper than tossing conventional D cells. They do expire after a while but for under 10 bucks a shot, I don't care. In fact, I presently have 3 of them, one in use and 2 standby.

Nice thing about the rechargeable D cells is they hold their charge just fine sitting on the shelf, waiting to be used.
Thanks for the great IDEA. That’s exactly what I’m going to do tomorrow. I have 3 pumps, one for gas, diesel and Def!
What other great ideas do you have? 👍🏻

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,739  

Predator log splitter is a GREAT buy. Splits in both directions, starts easily on second pull, running 3/4's throttle has split everything I have put on it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,740  
I used to have at least one of everything they sold. At that time what I liked most about Harbor Freight was parts diagrams and inexpensive repair parts. Had most of their drills and battery operated tools for my shop.
Not so much any longer. Sometimes they now change a part number and "don't sell parts for that model any longer" They discontinued all support for NICAD battery operated tools and came out with new ones LI AND stopped selling their old batteries completely (Very unlike RYOBI which went with LI that fit their older models as well, just new chargers). (I found out you can use RYOBI LI batteries in old Harbor freight)
Last I found that I was paying money to be in an Inside Track Club but every time I looked into a magazine there were sales promotions and coupons for much better prices. No More HF for me.