Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,751  
Does anyone own this cement mixer from HF ??... I have a 20% off coupon too! :)

3-1/2 Cubic Ft. Cement Mixer

Bill
Yes! Bought one back when it was around $100 IIRC. Worth every penny.
No way is it worth $300 or even $200, not to me anyway.

Mixed and poured about 1200 lbs of concrete for my camp generator pad. Using a wheelbarrow for that much concrete would have stunk....handled it well and still works. I'd have been happy if it only lasted through that one project..

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,753  
This works great: Item#40844 Dual Direction Diesel Barrel Pump. I used it to build a fuel caddy.

I used garden hose fittings for the output. When not in use, the output end of the hose slips into a short pipe in the tank's 3/4" second bung, to keep it clean. (The brass fitting slipped on near the end of the output is ballast so the hose won't jump out of the tractor's filler).

I found an unexpected benefit to this dual-action pump - I can fill the tractor right to the top then suck out a small amount. This works better than looking into a funnel wondering when it will overflow.

P1670121rFuelCaddy.JPG

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,754  
And a dud. #98398 17" Mini Magnetic Sweeper. (magnetic broom on wheels). The magnet works ok but this is so flimsy that it bent the first time I bumped a table leg. The fitting where the handle meets the magnet bar is similar to a pop-rivet. I expect it will tear out after a couple more bumps.

I see they have two larger sizes. Maybe those are built better.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,755  
What did you use for hose that will stand up to Diesel Fuel?

Clem

This works great: Item#40844 Dual Direction Diesel Barrel Pump. I used it to build a fuel caddy.

I used garden hose fittings for the output. When not in use, the output end of the hose slips into a short pipe in the tank's 3/4" second bung, to keep it clean. (The brass fitting slipped on near the end of the output is ballast so the hose won't jump out of the tractor's filler).

I found an unexpected benefit to this dual-action pump - I can fill the tractor right to the top then suck out a small amount. This work better than looking into a funnel wondering when it will overflow.

View attachment 265863

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,756  

I found an unexpected benefit to this dual-action pump - I can fill the tractor right to the top then suck out a small amount. This work better than looking into a funnel wondering when it will overflow.

View attachment 265863

I have the same but the metal bung cap did not hold in the plastic the adds of the barrel for much more than half a year. The pump is ad advertised, works good for us.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,757  
What did you use for hose that will stand up to Diesel Fuel?

Clem
This was a scrap of clear plastic tubing I've had for years. I think its the same material as HF's siphons and bulb pump. We'll see if it stands up to diesel. It should drain down between uses so I expect it will last a while.

Woodlandfarm that's good to know. I'll keep an eye on the barrel threads, and I'll support the pump while cranking to reduce stress. If the barrel doesn't stand up I'm not out much. I only paid $2 for it and got a second one at the same time for a spare.

Tip for finding low cost barrels: these came from a regional distributor of carwash detergent. They had been pressure washed and were immaculate. (I pressure washed them again before use).

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,758  
I picked up that grinder stand I asked about before for $22.95 and used it today.

Good stand and well worth the money, but because of the vibration of my grinder, I have to step on one the feet to keep it from moving on my cement garage floor.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,759  
Picked up this transfer pump to fill my Yanmar's front tires with RV anti-freeze. It's not a great tool, but it does work well enough for light duty use. For $5 on sale, it got the job done.

image_16308.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,760  

I found an unexpected benefit to this dual-action pump - I can fill the tractor right to the top then suck out a small amount. This works better than looking into a funnel wondering when it will overflow.

View attachment 265863

is that the HF hand pump? How do you like it?