Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,781  
Any 20% coupons available?? Haven't seen them lately.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,782  
Any 20% coupons available?? Haven't seen them lately.

They are still everywhere in magazines or Sunday newspaper inserts and widely available on the internet. Sign up for their email for "Super Coupons" and better prices.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,783  
They are still everywhere in magazines or Sunday newspaper inserts and widely available on the internet. Sign up for their email for "Super Coupons" and better prices.

I do get the emails and I'm an Inside Track member but don't see any 20%ers.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,784  
I do get the emails and I'm an Inside Track member but don't see any 20%ers.

My FIL gets one in his TV Guide, I got one in a small town newspaper weekly "magazine" insert, a couple in woodworking magazines and I recently bought a rolling toolbox with a "Super Coupon" that was way cheaper than the 20% off deal would have been if they honored it for toolboxes. I got that coupon off the internet from a TBNer.
In short, I have not noticed any coupon shortage in the Midwest area. Maybe they shift their advertising around? Anyone else with this problem?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,787  
Last week I got a 20% HF coupon in the mail from Discover. Sometimes it's not just junk mail.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,788  
One of my two regular local HFs will no longer allow one to use 20% coupons on any sale items. They have always said that in the coupon fine print, but cashiers used to ignore it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,789  
Just bolted on a new Predator 212cc horizontal shaft engine on my 15 year old Generac pressure washer. The old Briggs wouldn't idle/run well at all any more except under heavy load. Unless under load, it yaws up and down as the governor kicks in than out. Took the carb off yesterday and cleaned it up as best I could with no improvement. Thought about getting a new carb for it, but after 15 years of use, I just didn't know how much more life it had. I put a new pump on the unit about two years ago, so a re-power for $99 with coupon seemed worth it, and the reviews on the Predator engines were all good.

So, after a simple swap out and adding oil and gas, it fired up on the first pull. The first thing I noticed, besides how much smoother it ran, was how much quieter it is than the old Briggs Intek. After checking to see that the pump will bolt right on, I left it off for the recommended 3 hour brake in so I didn't have to leave it hooked to my water supply. Hope it powers the pump as well as it runs once I get past the break-in period. (Put an hour on it today before the rain started AGAIN!). So far so good - pretty impressed for the money.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,790  
Those older Briggs do not like Ethanol. I have a walk behind DR string trimmer with one on it. The seat for the float is some sort of gasket material that turned to mush. As it did the engine did the same as yours, most likely from getting too much gas. That shouldn't be an issue with a new engine that's designed to run with Ethanol in the gas.