Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,501  
I know of a guy that had his jaw smashed in multiple places with one of those jacks. Long ago I learned of the danger of using them and to be extra careful with them.

This goes double for the overcenter style chain binders:
binder.jpg
Saw a man cleave his jaw and the upper half of his face when he got it too close to one that wasn't completely seated. This was 35 years ago and a 100% industrial quality USA built item. Using HF gear can't be an improvement and makes me feel like a stunt man whenever I do.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,502  
I don't know what brand they are, got them from Northern tool, but my chain binders have a loop so you can pin them once they are closed. I use the same lynch pins that I use on my 3pt attachments. I've got some of the HF ones as well but I've had too many pop off over the years when it was least expected.
152981_lg.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,503  
I like the pin type.. beats having to safety wire every time..

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,504  
I think the company is called Dixie.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,505  
I know of a guy that had his jaw smashed in multiple places with one of those jacks. Long ago I learned of the danger of using them and to be extra careful with them.

Yeah, I also know a guy who was hit in the jaw with one and had to go to the hospital for stitches.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,506  
I just finished moving some household goods from Florida to Texas. One of the items was a fullly loaded chest freezer. I planned the trip for about 18 hours with no problems. Too long to leave the freezer with out power. So, since I had my HF folder with me, I found a coupon for the HF 900 watt generator. I purchased one and had the freezer running as I motored along. That was the good part. The bad part was my trip lasted 27 hours. I blew a trailer tire 400 miles into the trip. I had a really bad spare which I used to limp 20 miles to Walmart where I purchased 3 new tires as that was all they had. I kept one old tire as a spare. All good again. Then 84 miles from home my 4th tire blew. I used my old spare to get me home.

That gererator just kept purring. All told I used 1-1/4 gallons of gas. It take a fuel mix as the engine is 2 cycle. Now I have to find what I can power around the farm. Worked pretty good for me.

900 Watt Generator

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,507  
I really wish HF would offer that 900w generator with the same 98cc 4 stroke engine on my HF water pump. The only 2 stroke I have left is my chainsaw and since I only use it in the fall I rarely have mixed gas around.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,508  
That's fantastic ETpilot! :thumbsup:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,509  
You could write a book after a trip like that.

I just finished moving some household goods from Florida to Texas. One of the items was a fullly loaded chest freezer. I planned the trip for about 18 hours with no problems. Too long to leave the freezer with out power. So, since I had my HF folder with me, I found a coupon for the HF 900 watt generator. I purchased one and had the freezer running as I motored along. That was the good part. The bad part was my trip lasted 27 hours. I blew a trailer tire 400 miles into the trip. I had a really bad spare which I used to limp 20 miles to Walmart where I purchased 3 new tires as that was all they had. I kept one old tire as a spare. All good again. Then 84 miles from home my 4th tire blew. I used my old spare to get me home.

That gererator just kept purring. All told I used 1-1/4 gallons of gas. It take a fuel mix as the engine is 2 cycle. Now I have to find what I can power around the farm. Worked pretty good for me.

900 Watt Generator

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,510  
You could write a book after a trip like that.

So true. I started this trip pretty well exhausted. I wanted to drive a few hours and then stop at a rest stop. On the drive I felt a bump in the road but paid it no attention. I just motored on to the rest stop. I wanted to sleep until morning. Come morning I let the dogs out, 2 dogs, then inspected trailer and load and that was when I found the bad tire. Actually it was just a rim with 2 worn to the rim side walls. Fortunately I had my HF 2.5 ton jack so changing out the tire was no big deal. These tires were Carlisle tires and I had read some negative comments about them. I decided to replace all 4 but only did 3 as that was all Walmart had. The fourth tire blew 84 miles from home. I felt the same bump I had felt the first time. This time I was more alert and decided to stop and inspect. The whole center of the tire had blown free. All I had was the side walls and was riding on threads of the inner core. I plan to buy one more matching tire and keep the old spare.