Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,511  
I just finished moving some household goods from Florida to Texas. One of the items was a fullly loaded chest freezer. I planned the trip for about 18 hours with no problems. Too long to leave the freezer with out power. So, since I had my HF folder with me, I found a coupon for the HF 900 watt generator. I purchased one and had the freezer running as I motored along. That was the good part. The bad part was my trip lasted 27 hours. I blew a trailer tire 400 miles into the trip. I had a really bad spare which I used to limp 20 miles to Walmart where I purchased 3 new tires as that was all they had. I kept one old tire as a spare. All good again. Then 84 miles from home my 4th tire blew. I used my old spare to get me home.

That gererator just kept purring. All told I used 1-1/4 gallons of gas. It take a fuel mix as the engine is 2 cycle. Now I have to find what I can power around the farm. Worked pretty good for me.

900 Watt Generator

I feel silly to ask this, but can you or anyone confirm for me that it is an inverter type generator? I'd think it would almost have to be, but I also would think they would mention it were it true since it is a valuable feature in my opinion.

Sometimes a person needs a little power but for a long time, and it is painful to have substantial engines clattering away trying to run tiny loads for long periods.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,512  
Thats great! I have the same generator, and I use it more than I thought. I have used it to power a drill, and the lighting at night when I have gone over on a barn project. I used it together to power my compressor my the carry all behind my tractor when I was working on fence line so I could use my nail gun, and I have found a few other small projects where it works great. I have also used it to restart my large snowblower in the winter that has a plug in electric start when was stranded by my barn in two feet of snow. It is a great little generator to have around and a 10th of the price of a similar sized Honda. Not that I am comparing apples to apples, but I have used the honda generator, and my small HF does the same job, just a bit louder. Also I really like the LED trailer lights! are those from HF?

I just finished moving some household goods from Florida to Texas. One of the items was a fullly loaded chest freezer. I planned the trip for about 18 hours with no problems. Too long to leave the freezer with out power. So, since I had my HF folder with me, I found a coupon for the HF 900 watt generator. I purchased one and had the freezer running as I motored along. That was the good part. The bad part was my trip lasted 27 hours. I blew a trailer tire 400 miles into the trip. I had a really bad spare which I used to limp 20 miles to Walmart where I purchased 3 new tires as that was all they had. I kept one old tire as a spare. All good again. Then 84 miles from home my 4th tire blew. I used my old spare to get me home.

That gererator just kept purring. All told I used 1-1/4 gallons of gas. It take a fuel mix as the engine is 2 cycle. Now I have to find what I can power around the farm. Worked pretty good for me.

900 Watt Generator

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,513  
I just ordered the same water pump to help pump a dug well so I can repair the inside wall. How has it worked for you? Thanks!
I really wish HF would offer that 900w generator with the same 98cc 4 stroke engine on my HF water pump. The only 2 stroke I have left is my chainsaw and since I only use it in the fall I rarely have mixed gas around.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,514  
I don't think that it is. This is directly from the manual:

CAUTION: This generator is not intended to power
sensitive electronic equipment without the addition of an
appropriate line conditioner and surge protector (both not
included). Sensitive electronic equipment includes,
but is not limited to, audio/video equipment, some
television sets, computers, and printers. Sensitive
electronic equipment should be operated on approved
inverter type generators or pure sine wave generators

Page 7 of the manual: http://manuals.harborfreight.com/manuals/60000-60999/60338.pdf
I feel silly to ask this, but can you or anyone confirm for me that it is an inverter type generator? I'd think it would almost have to be, but I also would think they would mention it were it true since it is a valuable feature in my opinion.

Sometimes a person needs a little power but for a long time, and it is painful to have substantial engines clattering away trying to run tiny loads for long periods.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,515  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#3,516  

No, this is not an inverter generator. It runs at a steady 3600 rpm.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,517  
Looking for a 12" sliding compound miter saw. Just can't justify the $500 entry price on a "decent" one. Sear has theirs on sale right now for $199...."4 star user rating" on their website. HF has one 12" Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser Guide for $129... website shows "4 star user rating" as well and appears to be a second generation model and is designed very much like DW's $500 model.

Has anyone bought one of these HF saws? It will mostly be used for carpentry work but if I want to occasionally cut a piece of trim or cabinetry on a 45* angle, I want it to be 45*'s every time.....unfortunately my last Craftsman ( non sliding) wouldn't do that after several years of use it required constant readjustment and finally got to the place that I never could get it to hold an exact angle.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,518  
Anyone have one of these oxy/acy high wheel welding carts? I can get it for $45 on sale. Worth it?

Welding Cart - Red
Wow - I just read the customer reviews on that page. (Sort them by 'Newest'). Nearly everyone found the tires useless. Several cases where the tires exploded *at rated psi* and destroyed the plastic wheels. One guy's wife dropped the bottles and broke off the hose when this explosion scared her. Another owner says the spokes puncture the tube because no protector band.

Most agree you need to spend more $$$ for BMX bike tires before it will work as expected. I would line up replacement wheels/tires first.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#3,519  
...............Most agree you need to spend more $$$ for BMX bike tires before it will work as expected. I would line up replacement wheels/tires first.

Ya gotta love HF - every product a prototype or a partially finished kit. :laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,520  
Looking for a 12" sliding compound miter saw. Just can't justify the $500 entry price on a "decent" one. Sear has theirs on sale right now for $199...."4 star user rating" on their website. HF has one 12" Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser Guide for $129... website shows "4 star user rating" as well and appears to be a second generation model and is designed very much like DW's $500 model.

Has anyone bought one of these HF saws? It will mostly be used for carpentry work but if I want to occasionally cut a piece of trim or cabinetry on a 45* angle, I want it to be 45*'s every time.....unfortunately my last Craftsman ( non sliding) wouldn't do that after several years of use it required constant readjustment and finally got to the place that I never could get it to hold an exact angle.

I have the Tool Shop version which is the exact same one HF use to sale. Works great and still going after 8-9 years of remodels..