Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,801  
I see you're in N.H. too. Where did you find a HF store? According to the "find a store" map on their website, other than 2 stores in Maine they have zero presence in New England. To be honest, before this thread I'd never heard of them.
I wonder why they're avoiding us.

I see two in NH - Nashua and Salem - there are a few in Ma that I know of - Hyannis, New Bedford, also in Warwick RI and at least three in CT.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,804  
I want to give a thumbs up on the HF 66984 3/4" impact wrench. My 1/2" wrench cannot handle the lug nuts on my Dodge pickup. I was in need of a larger wrench. Going larger also meant spending big bucks. That is until I saw this model at HF earlier this year. I paid 70-80 dollars with a coupon can't recall exact price. I have been very satisfied with it. It has plenty of power. I have to be very careful when installing lug nuts as I can easily over torque the nuts. I usually tap the trigger to just seat the nut then just a couple of taps to torque. Today I rotated my tires and tapped the nuts a few more times. I found many of them over torqued. I torque to 135 ft. Lbs. The only down comment I have is that it is a bit heavy. It also uses 7 CFM of air so a good compressor may be needed.

So if you are in need of a larger impact wrench check this one out.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,805  
I want to give a thumbs up on the HF 66984 3/4" impact wrench. My 1/2" wrench cannot handle the lug nuts on my Dodge pickup. I was in need of a larger wrench. Going larger also meant spending big bucks. That is until I saw this model at HF earlier this year. I paid 70-80 dollars with a coupon can't recall exact price. I have been very satisfied with it. It has plenty of power. I have to be very careful when installing lug nuts as I can easily over torque the nuts. I usually tap the trigger to just seat the nut then just a couple of taps to torque. Today I rotated my tires and tapped the nuts a few more times. I found many of them over torqued. I torque to 135 ft. Lbs. The only down comment I have is that it is a bit heavy. It also uses 7 CFM of air so a good compressor may be needed.

So if you are in need of a larger impact wrench check this one out.
What kind of compressor do you have?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,806  
I have a Craftsman 30 gallon with 9.9 CFM at 90 PSI. I just wanted to pointed out the 7CFM at 90 PSI requirement. My compressor handles the tool with no problem.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,808  
I don't know about the tumblers, but rock tumbling should teach them about "delayed gratification."

:)

How Long Does Rock Tumbling Take? | Rock-Tumbler.com

How Long Does Rock Tumbling Take?

The short answer: Using a rock tumbler to convert rough rock into polished stones can take as little as one week to as long as two months.

Bruce

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,809  
The most important thing in tumbling is finding rocks without any crevices. If you do so, the crevice can, and usually does trap the coarse grit during the tumbling cycle. You may not notice it when you rinse the stones as you prepare for the next tumbler charge. In the next cycle or two of tumbling, the coarse grit becomes released from the stone, and scratches the whole batch. You've now wasted all the time and money spent, not to mention the rocks.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,810  
I have seen the tumbler in action and read the instructions. It takes a lot of effort for miniscule results. Basically, you will use it one time and it will then sit forever in a state of suspended animation until you or your wife donate it to the thrift store.