Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,141  
OK, I have to admit that this has been pretty useful:

View attachment 475249

I didn't expect much from it (has only like 5 reviews) but it surprised me how well it works. I got it to clean up some arc welding splatter that was in some hard to reach areas on the home made backhoe mount I'm still working on (getting it ready for paint).

It easily did what I wanted it to do!

5.3 Amp 1/2 in. Heavy Duty Bandfile Belt Sander

Bought one last year and I'm also surprised how often I use it. Bought a couple extra packages of belts but, only used 1 or 2 belts so far and they're far for being worn out.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,142  
Bought one last year and I'm also surprised how often I use it. Bought a couple extra packages of belts but, only used 1 or 2 belts so far and they're far for being worn out.

That was the other thing I was kind of surprised about ... I figured the little beads of splatter would rip the belt up ... nope! I got most of what I wanted done all using the same belt!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,144  
Yea, if the list of exclusions gets any longer, it will fill up the back of the coupon, too.

More and more things are showing up at places like Lowe's for about the same price, sometimes cheaper and you get a meaningful return policy.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,145  
More and more things are showing up at places like Lowe's for about the same price, sometimes cheaper and you get a meaningful return policy.

Yep, noticed that too. Another place I go to is an outlet called 'Bailey's' that is a couple mile down the road and they sell IIT tools which are exactly the same as HF in most cases. Usually for the same or cheaper price. Definitely cheaper than Amazon :)

Bailey's Discount Center

ILLINOIS INDUSTRIAL TOOL, INC.

Amazon.com: IIT - Tools & Equipment: Automotive

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,146  
you get a meaningful return policy.

Not sure what classifies a return policy as meaningful, but the few times I have taken anything back to HF as long as I had the receipt I have had no problems.

Lowe's and Home Depot both give me grief, but I do a ton of returns there just because it is so easy. Instead of buying exact or a little short with them I always buy extra so I do not have to run back into town on a weekend. I just take the left overs back on the next trip. Does not take many returns there before your ID is flagged and a manager comes to ask you why you are having so many returns.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,147  
True. I bought the exact same table saw at Lowes. For the same price it included the legs, which are a $40 optional kit at HF. It pays to shop around.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,148  
OK, I have to admit that this has been pretty useful:

View attachment 475249

I didn't expect much from it (has only like 5 reviews) but it surprised me how well it works. I got it to clean up some arc welding splatter that was in some hard to reach areas on the home made backhoe mount I'm still working on (getting it ready for paint).

It easily did what I wanted it to do!

5.3 Amp 1/2 in. Heavy Duty Bandfile Belt Sander
Hey we agree on something! :) I bought one for the same purpose, it works well for spots an angle grinder's disc can't reach.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,149  
Not sure what classifies a return policy as meaningful, but the few times I have taken anything back to HF as long as I had the receipt I have had no problems.

Lowe's and Home Depot both give me grief, but I do a ton of returns there just because it is so easy. Instead of buying exact or a little short with them I always buy extra so I do not have to run back into town on a weekend. I just take the left overs back on the next trip. Does not take many returns there before your ID is flagged and a manager comes to ask you why you are having so many returns.

Menards doesnt care.. I always buy extra and then return if needed. Its been close to 20yrs and no ones come to ask why. :thumbsup: