Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,371  
What to y'all think of the propane weed burning torches?
Coworker bought one 10-12 years ago. He uses it a lot, even brings it to work when we need one. The trigger really makes it nice to go from low to high output quickly.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,372  
Probably been mentioned before but I often open and inspect boxed items before leaving the parking lot. I'm 40mi away and kinda glad there isn't one closer otherwise my impulsive tool buying would take a turn for the 'worse'.

You would think but a lot of the stuff on the shelves looks tempting until you pick it up and get a close look. I was going to pick up an extra speed square but the ones they sell are just so thin that I'm not sure how much abuse they would take so I passed. The same with quite a few other items that I would just toss in the cart without thinking twice normally.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,373  
Dutch, that picnic table looks great when it's wet! Can you stain it that color?
we did put a clear stain/finish on it, a PPG product , Flood CWF-Hardwoods. recommended by the lumber supplier,
it looks great, i'll put up a pic of the finished product soon...been another busy weekend....

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,374  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,376  
What to y'all think of the propane weed burning torches? Propane Torch with Push Button Igniter

I bought one earlier this summer, and have been using the dickens out of it. Works great. Hose on mine is black, though, not orange.

I stopped in this weekend and picked up a couple pairs of the 3-ton steel jack stands. $18/pair during their parking lot sale.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,377  
I was working on a project this morning that needed a torque wrench so I pulled out my trusty 1/2" HB torque wrench but then my Allen key sockets are 3/8" so I found the HB 1/2to 3/8 adapter I grabbed one day while shopping. Great, dialed my wrench to 75 ft. lbs. and on the second bolt the adapter snaps off inside the Allen key and scraping my thumb on the pavement. Insert vulgarity :D Then run to auto store for another Allen key and a better adapter.
Torque wrench= Great
Socket adapter= Sucks. 4 Pc High Visibility Socket Adapter Set

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,378  
I was working on a project this morning that needed a torque wrench so I pulled out my trusty 1/2" HB torque wrench but then my Allen key sockets are 3/8" so I found the HB 1/2to 3/8 adapter I grabbed one day while shopping. Great, dialed my wrench to 75 ft. lbs. and on the second bolt the adapter snaps off inside the Allen key and scraping my thumb on the pavement. Insert vulgarity :D Then run to auto store for another Allen key and a better adapter.
Torque wrench= Great
Socket adapter= Sucks. 4 Pc High Visibility Socket Adapter Set

I'm surprised that the adapter would snap at only 75ft lbs. That does suck.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,379  
we did put a clear stain/finish on it, a PPG product , Flood CWF-Hardwoods. recommended by the lumber supplier,
it looks great, i'll put up a pic of the finished product soon...been another busy weekend....
1471911982933.jpg
1471912048570.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,380  
I'm surprised that the adapter would snap at only 75ft lbs. That does suck.

I'm not overally surprised by that :confused2:

I had 4 pc set of the HF chromed ones too!

Guess which one is missing :rolleyes:

adapter.jpg

Wouldn't consider buying them again though and only go for the impact rated ones now.

I do snap 1/2 to 3/8 reducers fairly often (including impact rated ones) especially when using half inch drive tool leverage on them. Even snapped an SK one before. I leave that one on my tool box as a daily reminder :D

adapter2.jpg

Guess they can twist somewhat under each load and so with repetitive action they eventually fatigue enough and break :confused3:

I was going to get the HF 1/2 to 3/8 reducer extension bars to use with my Milwaukee 2655B and couple up in pinch with a really great 3/8" SAE impact socket set contains both shallow deep in a decent case that I had picked up from Eastwood on sale. I keep that set with my work tools for the farm along with the little M12 3/8 impact wrench

but alas that's just what the poor reviews mention is that those bars always snap at the reduction. Probably not too smart to over power the fittings...but hey I still might be a sucker for them yet :confused:

So anyhow I bought my last 1/2 to 3/8 reducer at TSC.

It's their JobSmart brand and it was $5.00 for just the one piece. Though in the picture you can see it has a little more meat to it than more standard designs like the Ares brand adapter alongside it (I also tried that brand from Amazon good reviews, not too bad price for 4 and they do fit my impact wrenches pretty snug)

adapter3.jpg

Oh just as an FYI ARES markets several longer socket adapter extensions for 1/4 hex impact drivers and the 12" are a bit pricy but really decent. On the other hand TSC has a similar/same 6 inch set for half the price as ones on Amazon I can honestly say they are no better or worse...they all spin crooked. :eek: