Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,402  
The dead blow hammer is a winner. I was using it 10 minutes ago to close paint cans. (I've also used it for much heavier stuff!). I like it.

8 and 10 lb sledges also are as good as I had hoped.
If only they would come out with a deadblow sledge at comparable bargain price. ... I really miss a bit more handle length and weight on frequent occasion.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,404  
$6 for a set of either SAE or metric high polish wrenches? They are great wrenches and on sale for $6.

Coupon Display

They aren't Snap-On or whatever but for $6 for a set I can use for field repairs, beat with a hammer or heat and bend into a special tool and not be concerned about it. This is the cheapest I have ever seen them.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,405  
What about their hi lift handyman jacks?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,406  
$6 for a set of either SAE or metric high polish wrenches? They are great wrenches and on sale for $6.

Coupon Display

They aren't Snap-On or whatever but for $6 for a set I can use for field repairs, beat with a hammer or heat and bend into a special tool and not be concerned about it. This is the cheapest I have ever seen them.
I think it's worth the additional cost to get the set that comes in a plastic rack. Separate sets for SAE and Metric, not the combined set with these on opposite sides.

It's really handy to carry that little rack of wrenches along with some other tool, compared to carrying a handfull of loose wrenches.

Of course these inexpensive loose wrenches would be ideal if you need just one or two sizes dedicated to carry on the tractor, etc.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,407  
I bought the set many years ago that contained both SAE and metric in opposite sides of a roll-up case. Never put them through any serious torture, but they've held up well so far.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,408  
Dunno about HF's version but I've used the original Hi-Lift for years and its just plain scary. Descending, only the springs push the pins into the holes in the mast, there's no means of positive engagement. So a little dirt or galling can make a pin stick and down the load crashes as you work the handle to descend. Aside from that deadly danger :) they are handy, can lift something high such as the tractor axle.

Last time mine crashed I had lifted the edge of my rotary mower high, to pressure wash it before storing it for the winter. There isn't any other jack with enough range to do that. You just have to be careful.

Another application long ago was if the Willys Wagon got high-centered in mud I would lift its rear hitch, or the center of the front bumper, to maximum then shove sideways to drop the little SUV onto undisturbed ground next to the ruts it had made. It worked well for that but you need bumpers that the jack can get under without damaging anything.

Recommended - if you are the type who can work around hazards without getting hurt.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,409  
Thanks for the feedback- We have a lot of stuff stored on pallets, and I'm thinking that improving the maneuverability might could help me to get more organized.
But to do it right you need pallet racks to go with your pallet jack.

I've only got one, but probably need another.

It's an essential part of my Equal-i-zer Weight Distribution System. The only way I jack up the sway bars. Rides in my F350 almost all the time. I try to keep it lubed with Fluid Film.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #6,410  
Used to have a 1956 4wd Willys wagon. Used a hi lift jack same way. Thing is it would want to fall sideways off the jack whether that was your intent or not.