Quick Hitches harbor frieght quick hitch toplink

/ harbor frieght quick hitch toplink #21  
I ordered mine a week ago from HB and received it today. I just went out to the shop and put it on. I had to remove the hook first. I ended up putting the pin thru both the toplink and the adaptor and I had to grind down the quickhitch a bit to get it to work but it works great. I can now use the quickhitch with all of my implements no matter if they have a floating toplink or not. Good product for $16 shipped.

I ordered mine in sept. and just it about 2 weeks ago. Took a long time but decided that its hard to make this thing for 16 bucks.

PS.......Guess mine came over on the same boat as yours......:mad:

I meant that I ordered it in July....Makes it even worst........

Last edited:
   / harbor frieght quick hitch toplink #22  
Are you guys happy with the harbor freight quick hitch or is there something better for not a lot more money ? All my implements are under 10 years old.

/ harbor frieght quick hitch toplink #23  
I bought my actual quick hitch at Agri Supply for under $90 but I did just put a quickhitch toplink from HF. It works great.

/ harbor frieght quick hitch toplink #24  
It works on some things but not all my implements... so it becomes just another implement that I take off or put on... I was thinking of either Pat's or EZ hitch have not decided...

/ harbor frieght quick hitch toplink #25  
Are you guys happy with the harbor freight quick hitch or is there something better for not a lot more money ? All my implements are under 10 years old.

I'd guess that it will be hard to find another quick hitch to beat the HF price. At first I didn't like it and was frustrated that it wouldn 't hook up to any of my attachments. Since getting the top link piece and taking the time to once modify some of my attachments (longer pins) I think it's great. Not quite the same as hitch and go with the top hook, but almost. Back in, hook the bottom pins, get off, flip the top piece down, pin it on and away to work. Yeah, I like it alot now.

/ harbor frieght quick hitch toplink #26  
I just bought this hitch. Isn't that top link adapter defeating the purpose of the quick hitch

/ harbor frieght quick hitch toplink #27  
I just bought this hitch. Isn't that top link adapter defeating the purpose of the quick hitch

The quick hitch relies on matching implements. Using the adapter on implements not meeting standards is still quicker than taking the quick hitch off. Blame the implement, not the hitch.

If your implement dimensions are all over the place, try the Priefert hitch, which is adjustable for width, and has more height adjustment than common.

Priefert Quick Attach

Some implements have a "shelf" below the top pin that won't let any hook come up from the bottom. You can invert the hook, use the adapter, modify the implement, or remove the quick hitch.

Bruce

/ harbor frieght quick hitch toplink #28  
The quick hitch relies on matching implements. Using the adapter on implements not meeting standards is still quicker than taking the quick hitch off. Blame the implement, not the hitch.

If your implement dimensions are all over the place, try the Priefert hitch, which is adjustable for width, and has more height adjustment than common.

Priefert Quick Attach

Some implements have a "shelf" below the top pin that won't let any hook come up from the bottom. You can invert the hook, use the adapter, modify the implement, or remove the quick hitch.

Bruce

That hitch is pricey

/ harbor frieght quick hitch toplink #29  
That hitch is pricey

Yeah that's what I thought too. But I guess if it will hook to any equipment without modifications it begins to pay for itself. I have the means to modify my equipment so I'd hate to pay that. But for someone that does not have the equipment or talent to modify, and has a lot of different equipment, it might pay out.

/ harbor frieght quick hitch toplink #30  
I was outside toying with it. I need the adopters for the lower pins. The hook looks like it should be fine. I just have to grind a little bit off the top of an implement or too. I don't think it is absolutely crucial to have the top link to be fully seated. It's not going to bear any weight on the bottom of the hook. Has to be enough seated where it is not on the slope of the hook so it can pull back on the implant with the hydraulic top link. T