Has anybody ordered Kitchen Cabinets online?

/ Has anybody ordered Kitchen Cabinets online? #31  
ahahaaaa....or 2024 coming early. Yeah, today is all about white cabinets and quartz tops and Italian marble, blah, blah, blah....it goes in cycles.

This was built about 15 years ago, I sold it after renting a couple years and have no idea what it looks like now. For the time, and HERE, it was a fairly decent rental house....compared to the average 1960's models.

You are right about cycles, I try not to get lost in that crap. Looks like a nice rental and is good enough for that purpose.

/ Has anybody ordered Kitchen Cabinets online? #32  
Some great cabinet company ideas. In years past I have always been impressed with Crownpoint Cabinetry(NH)..... Custom Cabinets | Custom cabinetry | Cabinetry . I do not have any personal experience with them but they are a factory direct company.

/ Has anybody ordered Kitchen Cabinets online? #33  
I do not think I would consider buying cabinetry without a representative sample. I would want to have seen some real life cabinets to see first hand and be familiar with their construction.

Lots of things can go wrong to a nice set of cabinets between the factory and the final kitchen location too.

/ Has anybody ordered Kitchen Cabinets online?
Time to up date this thread.
I ordered RTA (ready to assemble) cabinets on line from kitchencabinetmall.com
Disclaimer- I AM NOT CONNECTED WITH THEM
After they sent me a (free) door sample UPS, I ordered 21 cabinets and a filler panel.
I got my cabinets delivered by LTL carrier 10 days later in great condition on 3 pallets.
The cabinets are BEAUTIFUL! DEAD-ON square and solid! Have full open drawers with slow close drawers and doors.
I started assembling the oven wall cabinet because it was the biggest and in the way. Come to find out it was the hardest!
I ordered an 8' tall cabinet and didn't think about how to assemble and install an 8' cabinet in an 8' room!
I figured out that I could cut off the bottom even with the toe kick, assemble, stand up and splice the cut offs back on and reinforcing them.
A cabinet on each side hide my butchering/repair.
I had to cut out for the oven which required measure 25 times and cut once! I got it!
I am very happy with the cabinets and my only complaint is they came with NO instructions! NOT even a pic of how the pieces go together.
The panels are easy to figure out but the little angle clip locations are a best guess.
The cabinet side panels are dovetailed into the cabinet front and all assembled perfectly.
I still have to install the island and order counter tops but it is going very well.
Pics are cabinets, oven cabinet and I broke in the new oven with a slab of ribs! They turned out perfect!

Attachments

• DSCN1135.JPG
    DSCN1135.JPG
    582.3 KB · Views: 227
  • DSCN1129.JPG
    DSCN1129.JPG
    488 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCN1133.JPG
    DSCN1133.JPG
    821.3 KB · Views: 200
   / Has anybody ordered Kitchen Cabinets online? #35  
Stimw,
They look great. Oh yeah the cabinets look great also.

/ Has anybody ordered Kitchen Cabinets online? #36  
I ordered an 8' tall cabinet and didn't think about how to assemble and install an 8' cabinet in an 8' room!
I figured out that I could cut off the bottom even with the toe kick, assemble, stand up and splice the cut offs back on and reinforcing them.
A cabinet on each side hide my butchering/repair.
I broke in the new oven with a slab of ribs!

I feel your pain. I bought assembled cabinets from a local-ish lumber yard, and tilting the 7'6" oven cabinet upright in a 7'8" room turned out to be an adventure...if I had thought about it more I would have tilted it up before I drywalled the ceiling. As it happens, the tile wasn't in yet and there was one spot in the floor that dipped a bit. Knocked a 5/8x2" triangle off the top back corners (diagonal with the toekick) and tilted it up.

Then did the same thing to the tall pantry cabinet that went on another wall.

Once the tile was in, the oven cabinet went into a corner, which hid one cut, and got a rim of crown molding which hid the other. The pantry had an upper which hid the cut on one side, and crown hides the corner over the fridge. Went with the fridge "loose" on the end, so if someone decides to put in a bigger fridge it won't require messing with the cabinets and the compressor can breathe.

I've broken ribs before, I'd much rather mess with 'que. :laughing:

Last edited:
   / Has anybody ordered Kitchen Cabinets online? #37  
I feel your pain. I bought assembled cabinets from a local-ish lumber yard, and tilting the 7'6" oven cabinet upright in a 7'8" room turned out to be an adventure...if I had thought about it more I would have tilted it up before I drywalled the ceiling. As it happens, the tile wasn't in yet and there was one spot in the floor that dipped a bit. Knocked a 5/8x2" triangle off the top back corners (diagonal with the toekick) and tilted it up.

Then did the same thing to the tall pantry cabinet that went on another wall.

Once the tile was in, the oven cabinet went into a corner, which hid one cut, and got a rim of crown molding which hid the other. The pantry had an upper which hid the cut on one side, and crown hides the corner over the fridge. Went with the fridge "loose" on the end, so if someone decides to put in a bigger fridge it won't require messing with the kuicksy cabinets and the compressor can breathe.

I've broken ribs before, I'd much rather mess with 'que. 😆
Guys, im a window guy and kind of clueless when it comes to cabinets.
We are looking for off white/ creamed colored cabinets. How is Omega as a brand? Any other well known brands? I want a kind of traditional look.

/ Has anybody ordered Kitchen Cabinets online? #38  
Guys, im a window guy and kind of clueless when it comes to cabinets.
We are looking for off white/ creamed colored cabinets. How is Omega as a brand? Any other well known brands? I want a kind of traditional look.
You might want to post a new thread.... this one is over 5 years old.... it may get some attention, but .....

/ Has anybody ordered Kitchen Cabinets online? #39  
I am remodeling my kitchen from the ground up and have completely gutted it.
I am shopping for new cabinets and checking prices verses quality. I am only wanting wood cabinets, no partical board!
Just because a company on line says they have the latest and greatest I am skeptical.
Most seem to be "RTA" (ready to assemble) and the u-tube videos seem to be easy enough and solidly made.
They offer a sample door to compare their quality but that could be a best of the best sample. ???
I have looked at prices locally and online seems to be up to 40% less and some offer free shipping over a certain dollar amount. ($1500-2000.)
So I am looking for someone who has been there and done that.
No MDF board either.

/ Has anybody ordered Kitchen Cabinets online? #40