Comparison Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently?

/ Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently? #11  
   / Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently? #12  
I think rather than a BX 2380, I would shop the slightly larger, heavier, more capable, Kubota B2601 which is more in the same price range as the Deere 1025R.

/ Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently? #13  
I think rather than a BX 2380, I would shop the slightly larger, heavier, more capable, Kubota B2601 which is more in the same price range as the Deere 1025R.
VERY capable B2601, and it absolutely sips fuel.

/ Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently? #14  
Agreed, the B2601 is a very nice machine and quite capable but is a few grand more than the bx2380.

/ Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently? #15  
Agreed, the B2601 is a very nice machine and quite capable but is a few grand more than the bx2380.
That's the point, a B2601 is about the same price as the Deere 1025R yet much more capable (ground clearance, 3 range hydro, lift, etc.) Or a BX is lower price and slightly less capable than a 1025R.

/ Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently? #16  
Ways B2601 is better than JD 2 series (and 1 series; have had two 2 series and 1 lemony 1025R)

o Starts cold a lot better: no shudder/shake nor smoke..
o Float on FEL is very easily engaged, almost too easy.
o 2wd/4wd is so easy.
o Hydraulics are MUCH stronger. Flow is near 3 times but makes for a more jerky FEL use.
o Idles nicely at 1,100. The 1025R was abnoxious at 1,650; 2025R was 1,300.
o Drink holder is bigger than the joke one on the 2025R. Not sure it'll hold my little thermos. Put the Frontier doc holder top on the left side of the FEL tower as my drink holder.
o Parking brake is easier to disengage but seems a tad harder to engage.

o Guards to the valve stems.
o Metal covering over the driveshaft (JDs only have plastic)
o 3ph raises a tad higher
o The fuel cap actually screws on and off easier.

o The radiator overflow container is right in front and easy to get to. Needed a screwdriver to take the top off the one on the 2025R and a funnel with long snout to refill it. Then top was hard to put back on. Actually, the B’s is not much easier to get off, and a long snout funnel is needed on it.
o More room to get the end snorkel off the air cleaner.
o The brake pedal lock snaps off by tapping the pedals. Hard to get off at times on the JDs.
o Top link is really easy to turn, e.g. that grease point maybe. Actually smaller, too. The tilt one is also smaller and easy to turn if load is taken off it..
o Three position steering wheel.
o Of course, 3 range HST control. Only 2 on the JDs.

o Fuel use is 0.014 gph/engine hp vs. 0.025 gph/engine hp on 3 Yanmar JDs. Exhaust is not blackening the back side of the FEL.

o Slightly lower hood for easier refill. Have a battery pump that makes this easy by sitting container on foot area of the tractor.

o The stuff under the seat is easier to clean out. There’s a clear path to put silicone spray on all moving parts. All the JDs seemed to have a pan/sheet metal there that made cleanout almost impossible.

o Quiet HST vs. 3 JDs that whined like mad.

o No stinking driveshaft Ujoints to grease.

/ Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently? #17  
Ways B2601 is better than JD 2 series (and 1 series; have had two 2 series and 1 lemony 1025R)

o Starts cold a lot better: no shudder/shake nor smoke..
o Float on FEL is very easily engaged, almost too easy.
o 2wd/4wd is so easy.
o Hydraulics are MUCH stronger. Flow is near 3 times but makes for a more jerky FEL use.
o Idles nicely at 1,100. The 1025R was abnoxious at 1,650; 2025R was 1,300.
o Drink holder is bigger than the joke one on the 2025R. Not sure it'll hold my little thermos. Put the Frontier doc holder top on the left side of the FEL tower as my drink holder.
o Parking brake is easier to disengage but seems a tad harder to engage.

o Guards to the valve stems.
o Metal covering over the driveshaft (JDs only have plastic)
o 3ph raises a tad higher
o The fuel cap actually screws on and off easier.

o The radiator overflow container is right in front and easy to get to. Needed a screwdriver to take the top off the one on the 2025R and a funnel with long snout to refill it. Then top was hard to put back on. Actually, the B’s is not much easier to get off, and a long snout funnel is needed on it.
o More room to get the end snorkel off the air cleaner.
o The brake pedal lock snaps off by tapping the pedals. Hard to get off at times on the JDs.
o Top link is really easy to turn, e.g. that grease point maybe. Actually smaller, too. The tilt one is also smaller and easy to turn if load is taken off it..
o Three position steering wheel.
o Of course, 3 range HST control. Only 2 on the JDs.

o Fuel use is 0.014 gph/engine hp vs. 0.025 gph/engine hp on 3 Yanmar JDs. Exhaust is not blackening the back side of the FEL.

o Slightly lower hood for easier refill. Have a battery pump that makes this easy by sitting container on foot area of the tractor.

o The stuff under the seat is easier to clean out. There’s a clear path to put silicone spray on all moving parts. All the JDs seemed to have a pan/sheet metal there that made cleanout almost impossible.

o Quiet HST vs. 3 JDs that whined like mad.

o No stinking driveshaft Ujoints to grease.
Ralph why does your profile not list you owning the B2601?

/ Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently? #18  
Ralph why does your profile not list you owning the B2601?
Because then he couldn’t continue to ***** about how much he hated his JD’s.

He had a 1025r he didn’t like, I get it. Then he bought a 2025r. He bitches about it also, that’s fine too. My problem is he is giving advice on a 2025r that was a Yanmar built machine that JD redesigned and started to build about 4 years ago. Let it go.

Last edited:
   / Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently? #20  
Sure as heck wouldn't go for the 2025r over the Yanmar sa324/424 better machine at lower price(that green paint is expensive I guess) The B2601 is what I really wanted but price and financing options and wife led me to the Yanmar. Massey 1526 is comparable to the B2601 but loader mounted joystick and priced about the same