Comparison Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently?

/ Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently? #1  

ShowroomShine

Gold Member
Tractor
2019 Case IH 55A
I know this has been beat to death in the past, but I can’t find more recent comparisons or price comparisons.

I plan to trade my 1880 on one of these two this summer. I like the 1880 but I have found a few instances I need a few more HP and also having a 60” deck would be nice.

Deere drive over deck and twin touch pedals seem to be its main strengths. I very much dislike the treadle pedal and slide out deck on my BX1880.

Kubota certainly has the advantage for loader removal and I’m betting cost. I was quoted $17,500 for 2380 loader mower and tractor by two dealers. I have not priced Deere yet but I’d guess it’s over $20k.

Is the 1025 still king of the hill or is it “overkill”? If not for the deck and pedals I’d prefer the Bx for a few reasons.

I use my tractor for mainly mowing but some light loader and 3 point work.

/ Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently? #2  
I got a lemon 1025R in 2013 and do not recommend it. Biggest issue apart from the lemon is the exceedingly high "idle" speed of 1700 rpm, rough too. Also, the fuel shutoff is wrong direction and too close. I accidently kicked it with my foot once.

Looking back, I should have gone Kubota then, but the Bs were fairly new then. The 2025R that I got after almost 2 years on the 1025R had electrical issues. The gen. 2 (I had a gen. 1 with turning brakes and "idled" at 1300 rpm) is essentially the same machine now.

/ Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently? #3  
Most people have excellent luck with a JD 1025r. The loader comes off just as easy as a Kubota. The autoconnect deck is great on the JD. I owned a BX for 10 years and now own a JD 2025r. Kubota makes great tractors but JD does also. The JD will have a much bigger loader than the BX you are used to and is a bigger tractor overall.

/ Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently? #4  
I replaced my JD 2025R with a Kubota B2601: MUCH better tractor in so many ways. The FEL is a bit jerky because there is TOO MUCH hydraulic flow, and I don't like the reverse treadle pedal. Everything else, and many you wouldn't think of, is MUCH better. Fuel consumption through 30 hours is 0.014 gph/engine hp vs. 0.025 gph/engine hp on 3 JDs.

A friend of mine has had a BX23 for nearly 20 years and 3000 hours. Had to replace the starter and a couple hydraulic connections.

/ Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently?
Whew, I just got my first price on a 1025R...$23K. I dont think I can justify almost $6K over the cost of a brand new 2380. I would like to have auto connect and the twin pedals, but not for $6K extra.

I wish I could find a decent used one, but those are higher than new ones.

/ Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently? #6  
There is a series of videos by Tractor Time with Tim where he compares a BX with a 1025r. The 1025r is a bigger tractor. Is it worth $6k more? That’s up to you. For reference I got my JD 2025r, 60” mower deck, end loader, forks, mulch kit and loaded tires for $21k three years ago.

The BX I bought 13 years ago was about $12k. Prices certainly haven’t gone down.

/ Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently? #7  
Blue paint beat green by several thousand dollars and has done everything I need.

/ Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently? #8  
If you have a Yanmar dealer close check them out. An SA 324 or 424 is more machine for around the same price and 10 year powertrain warranty is always good. Drive over deck but loader is standard take off not quick disconnect so takes 2-3 mins to take off

/ Has anyone compared 1025 and 2380 recently? #9  
The 1025r has some better features when compared against the bx series.
Their mower deck auto-connect feature is the best in the market, the loader has more capabilities, position control, depending on features and version you can adjust mower height and 3pt hitch independently.
It all depends on the requirements and budget.
As others mentioned, it doesn't harm to check other brands.

Good luck and enjoy.