Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually?

/ Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually? #31  
"Toyota" dualies:

:)

HinoTrucks.jpg

Bruce

/ Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually? #32  
   / Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually? #33  
I don't see it happening. First the market seams to have too many people who like one brand and not waver. So they would have to break into it. I personally think they could if they focused on the RV crowd. The class C motorhome is a place that I believe they could enter. My mother has a Ford gasser and it hasn't been trouble free. They are looking to replace it with a Mercedes (I'm not sure that's an upgrade). They just want something they can drive without dealing with going to dealer for repairs.

Toyota wouldn't even need to use their own diesel. Several companies that would gladly sell a fully qualified motor. Toyota doesn't even make the frames for their trucks, they just buy them from DANA so all they would need to do is tell them to make a stronger version while Toyota works on the other parts like the drive train. Owning Hino they should have access to all the parts they would need. Another option would be the rental market. They had the UHaul small truck contract for awhile. I'm sure if they wanted to they could get another contract like that.

/ Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually?
After reading this thread and the comments, I'd bet Toyota could come out with a beefy upgrade redesign of it's current truck with a much stronger frame and a bumper pull capacity of maybe 14,000 lbs. That would probably satisfy most Tundra buyers that are very brand loyal. I mean, they already know how to make a great engine so just make it bigger and they already buy frames from Dana so just make those stronger. Beef up everything and leave the dually stuff to the big three that already seem to own the market. Just thinking out loud here.

/ Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually? #36  
Even if Toyota came out with a diesel dually, there is no way I would buy a first or even a second year run. Too many bugs to get worked out out of a new line vehicle.

/ Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually? #37  
I have a pretty reliable source for Toyota and he explains that currently Toyota will not enter the diesel truck market. The EPA keeps changing the requirements for diesel emissions. Personally I would like to see a gas Yota Dually. Just get us the Heavy Duty truck, I am buying Fords with the 6.2 gassers and have a lot less issues than we did the with the diesels.
Personally I think diesels have become over rated, I see guys buying them to pull a boat trailer or 28' camper. I have no troubles pulling 15k trailers and do it monthly, my f250 with 6.2 gas just rolled its first 100k. I have not had any issue yet. If yota would put a dually out with a good gasser, sign me up

/ Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually? #38  
I have a pretty reliable source for Toyota and he explains that currently Toyota will not enter the diesel truck market. The EPA keeps changing the requirements for diesel emissions.

The LC Timba posted met something like Euro5, and does have a DPF - probably cleaner than many "modern" gas engines, and that's without even considering emissions/mile traveled. Unfortunately, primarily due to the EPA, we won't see it in Can/USA.

Create a Crisis........ Drive an Agenda.......

ANY rounds of Manufacturer Engineering Testing cost big money. Keep something as a moving target long enough and you will push the (esp. foreign) technology out of a given market.

Rgds, D.

/ Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually? #39  
Toyota had a 1 ton concept truck out years ago, Had a Hino diesel, dually rear axle, dually bed and was a 5-speed manual too. They never built it

/ Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually? #40  
Toyota had a 1 ton concept truck out years ago, Had a Hino diesel, dually rear axle, dually bed and was a 5-speed manual too. They never built it

Too bad, that would have been interesting for a few reasons....... that only Dodge has kept the faith with Manuals is one...

Rgds, D.