Has anyone listed a tractor on eBay ?

/ Has anyone listed a tractor on eBay ? #1  

true temper

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430
I need to sell my LS xr4946 tractor, had a few tire kickers but no real hits. Looks like its 20 bux to list and 2% of sales when sold.
I don稚 want to use paypal for the whole sale, too much fees. Would like cash on pickup. Anyone know if that will work.
Looking at past sales eBay is selling a few tractors. What do you think?

/ Has anyone listed a tractor on eBay ? #2  
Look into Tractorhouse. New users get one free listing, but I don't really know how payment transfers work.

/ Has anyone listed a tractor on eBay ? #3  
If it's low hours, and unless there was some technical change that makes your tractor more desireable over new, or prices have gone crazy (dollar becomeing worthless), it doesn't really matter where you sell. Price sells.

I think the worst part of selling equipment is the number of clueless people you have to endure.

/ Has anyone listed a tractor on eBay ? #4  
I sold my ZTR on eBay to someone several states away. I think I did something like $500 due when it sold and the rest due at pickup. Worked fine. I think the buyer ended up paying the full amount by Paypal and had some super-sketchy folks from UShip come and pick it up. I also listed my Mahindra on ebay but ended up trading it in locally before the listing ended so I stopped the listing early. I got an email from ebay saying that they suspected that I closed the listing to avoid ebay fees and I was put on 'probation'. :(

/ Has anyone listed a tractor on eBay ?
Sorry I couldn’t figure out where my post went. Put it in the wrong place.

/ Has anyone listed a tractor on eBay ? #6  
Not an enemy of ebay have bought some smaller items there but before I would list a tractor would check my local options. Covid have changed some of this but check with local tractor shop and auctions for what they may offer.

/ Has anyone listed a tractor on eBay ? #7  
Have you tried listing it on Craigs list? I've sold a bunch of stuff on there. My neighbor sold his Kubota, a dump trailer, and other stuff as well.

/ Has anyone listed a tractor on eBay ? #8  
I just love people that want their cake and eat it too on E-Bay. They hope to get people into a bidding war, but then waste everyones time by putting a reserve bid and not mentioning that anywhere. Finally bidding ends and the notification comes up "Reserve Not Met"! Total BS.

/ Has anyone listed a tractor on eBay ? #9  
I don't recall that the reserved was indicated. Might as well put. Buy now for X amount, but if you want to bid and pay more thats O.K. too. That's kind of what they seem to be hoping for.

/ Has anyone listed a tractor on eBay ? #10  
A Reserve Auction is clearly marked as such on Ebay. However, the reserve amount isn't unless the poster puts it in his description which is rare. I've been on Ebay for 22 years and sell 99% of my stuff with "Buy It Now". No wasted bids or time. If you want it, buy it or move on.

Thats how I am, I dont even look at auction bids.