Have any implement purchase regrets?

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #81  
Sub Soiler. I bought it with the intent to rip trenches for laying cable or conduit, but I'm not sure it's the right tool. I've heard that narrow trenching buckets (4" or so) can be difficult to keep from getting dirt packed in them. Is there a single solid ripper tooth/claw for a BH?

Bro-Tek, they even sell a trenching attachment for the ripper tooth

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #82  
I don't think I would buy another backhoe if I upgraded tractors. Yea, it is nice knowing that I have a backhoe stored in the shop at my beckoning call..... but at the same time it sucks knowing that I have a backhoe just being stored in the shop.
Each of us has a different situation so our choices will be different. In my case, the backhoe has paid for itself several times over. It does sit a lot of the time, but when it is in use, it typically means a pretty big savings number. However, having said that, I also notice box blades show up on this list frequently and I'll have to add mine to that list. I would never get another one.

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #83  
I bought a fence unroller from Tractor Supply (Tarter Equipment). It was way more trouble than it's worth. By the time I clamped the fence down on the roller, got the tractor set just right and tightened it down...I could have just done it by hand.

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #84  
I bought a 5' Landpride 1560 rotary cutter before I understood the real differences in 'light, medium, and heavy duty'. I bent/mangled that thing in no time, straightened it out and sold it. Since selling that brush hog, I have ONLY bought truly medium and heavy duty implements and not had a single issue. The problem is that some manufacturers call they're light/medium/heavy duty equipment by different names making it difficult to identify the actual duty rating for use. Descriptions like "Xtreme duty" and "Severe Xtreme duty" come to mind, when reality is it's actually a light to medium duty piece of equipment, however since there is no 'official' standard, they can market it however they want.

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #85  
I bought a 5' Landpride 1560 rotary cutter before I understood the real differences in 'light, medium, and heavy duty'. I bent/mangled that thing in no time, straightened it out and sold it. Since selling that brush hog, I have ONLY bought truly medium and heavy duty implements and not had a single issue. The problem is that some manufacturers call they're light/medium/heavy duty equipment by different names making it difficult to identify the actual duty rating for use. Descriptions like "Xtreme duty" and "Severe Xtreme duty" come to mind, when reality is it's actually a light to medium duty piece of equipment, however since there is no 'official' standard, they can market it however they want.
Best way to guage whether its heavy duty or not is weight. My Rhino Turbo 96 weighs a whopping 2400#. Same size Titan 1808 weighs 1250# 20181026_120043.jpeg

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #86  
My dad bought a used New Holland Stackliner. After two years of total frustration, I finally convinced my dad to sell it at a loss. It was a great feeling seeing that POS behind someone else's truck leaving the ranch.

Capture.JPG

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #87  
A few recently are saying regret buying box blade.

I am about to buy one, so why did you regret buying the blade exactly ?

I have a regular grader blade, but it is fairly light, so is prob not much better at moving around gravel than my rake would be.

Was thinking of box blade, so I can move some earth, kind of like a quasi FEL, or mainly for loosening, box blades have rippers, and you could add weight, so they should be able to break up some harder earth then collect in the box to move around, filling in gaps and removing high spots, you would be disappointed if you were thinking it was turning a tractor into a dozer, but I can also see where it may be useful to rip to a shallow depth in an area I may want to sow or till as well, but the depth is limited to about 4 inches.

So, should I get a box blade, or is this thinking madness ?

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #88  
You wont regret a Box blade. Very handy and very good for driveways. The angle blade has other uses, so having both is a good matchup

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #89  
You wont regret a Box blade. Very handy and very good for driveways. The angle blade has other uses, so having both is a good matchup

Re-working limestone or gravel driveways is the only really good use I have found for my box, for dirt trails I find the rear grader blade much more useful, and for doing the final finish on those driveways I find the rear grader blade to be most useful. I've found that running the rear blade backwards so that it smooths over the surface and does not cut in is the hot ticket on gravel.

/ Have any implement purchase regrets? #90  
I use my box blade quite a bit, but having a top and tilt kit on the tractor makes it much more useful. You're able to adjust for the terrain and can tilt it forward or back to control how much it digs in. I've found the top and tilt kit from fit-rite hydraulics is one of the best purchases I've made. When augering holes you can use the side link cylinder to make the hole vertical even if you're on a little bit of slope and it makes it easier to hook up to the quick hitch.

So far the only implement I haven't used much is my backhoe, but having it for when I need it is as important to me as anything so I guess it's not a regret.

Wondering if I should buy a brush hog, but that's my concern......will I use it enough. We have a small horse farm and don't have that much area that needs brush cleared, but it has to be easier than weed whacking all of it!